Eagle088 is offline Junior Member

Trainning in sweats?

I have always done my workouts in shorts and a T-shirt. Is there any benefit to lifting in sweats?

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Is this a serious question?

Workout in whatever you feel comfortable in. Too many people worry way too much about the littlest things, like what to wear, I mean comeon.

Focus on lifting heavy, maintaining a solid diet, and getting adequate rest. IMO, the people who think TOO much about bodybuilding, are those that go nowhere.

TheJuicer is offline Member
    My gyms a little cold so I do go there in sweats but by the end of the workout I'm in a t-shirt. I feel better being warm. Whatever your comfortable in.

Well it was a serious question because I have always heard that some guys take a hot shower directly after workout to increase blood flow. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. My apologies for wasting your precious time and thank you for gracing my ignorant question with your omnipotent answer.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle088 View Post
    Well it was a serious question because I have always heard that some guys take a hot shower directly after workout to increase blood flow. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. My apologies for wasting your precious time and thank you for gracing my ignorant question with your omnipotent answer.
    nicely done. lol

but like stated above. just lift in what your comfortable with. i go in with workout pants and a long sleeve over a muscle tee. by then end of the workout ive taken the long sleeve off to stay a comfortable temp.

i mean obviously you wanna be warm or warmed up to workout. working with cold muscles can maybe have an increased chance of injury or so due to not being warmed and stretched.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure that I was not missing something that everyone knew. The two guys in my gym that are bigger than I am both train in sweats and I just wanted to ask if I was missing something obvious or not. Thanks for the responses.

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    not sure if its true or not but some people believe that wearing heavy clothes during workouts helps in burning fat and loosing water due to more sweating..

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by fitguy View Post
    not sure if its true or not but some people believe that wearing heavy clothes during workouts helps in burning fat and loosing water due to more sweating..
    unless you're wearing 100lbs of extra clothes then the fat burning thing isn't going to work, as far as the sweating, if you want to sweat just wear a trash bag and you'll sweat plenty

iceyash is offline Female Member
    are you trying to wrestle? haha if you wear sweats you're just going to lose water not fat

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    unless you're wearing 100lbs of extra clothes then the fat burning thing isn't going to work, as far as the sweating, if you want to sweat just wear a trash bag and you'll sweat plenty
    Yahhh!!! There's a guy at the gym I work at, who wears this rubber suit on the tread mill / sometimes for his entire workout... it's so gross.. he sweats out like honestly 7 pounds of water weight sometimes..

the best part is... i have to go and mop it all up, so that no one slips and sues us!!!

iceyash is offline Female Member
    ew that's disgustingg u poor thing

bdog7583 is offline New Member
    OH YEA.......

Grey sweats always make me lift heavy!

Thread Information