jay dee is offline New Member

food? and morning cardio

i know there have been a lot of posts regarding morning cardio for fat burning, on empty stomach etc, but due to work and family demands, i can only fit it in really early before i good to work (just plain early). I have tried this previously, but lost muscle from my legs, became overenthusiastic and had to lie on a cold tilled floor, to stop myself passing out/meeting my maker.
    is it ok to eat then exercise straight away, if so what???
    any advice appreciated.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jay dee View Post
    i know there have been a lot of posts regarding morning cardio for fat burning, on empty stomach etc, but due to work and family demands, i can only fit it in really early before i good to work (just plain early). I have tried this previously, but lost muscle from my legs, became overenthusiastic and had to lie on a cold tilled floor, to stop myself passing out/meeting my maker.is it ok to eat then exercise straight away, if so what???
    any advice appreciated.
    Sorry man but that made me LOL!

Some people just arent suited for empty stomach cardio and get ill and faint from doing it. There are other people much more knowledgable than I that could advise you on what to eat in the morning to keep this from happening. Also, Im not sure if you do weight training but cardio after weights can be very beneficial for fat loss as well if that better suits you.

Hi jbran,
    thanks for the reply.
    currently i dont do ANY exercise at all, both me and the misses work shifts. the only time i can see where i won't be hijacked by the little people (kids) in my life is getting up 3/4 hour earlier to ride an exercise bike, i just wanted to know what can i eat/drink immediately before jumping on the bike that wont bloat or give me cramps, but will allow me a decent intensity without burning up the all important muscle?

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    I would say if you cant do it on an empty stomach get yourself a decent protein shake and drink that before you work out. It will put something in your stomach to keep you from getting nauseated and the BCAA'a will keep your body from breaking down the muscle.

thanks jbran,
    off to the health food store this instant to give it a try.

Thread Information