jaz75 is offline New Member

ABS- My Little Bulge

Hey guys and gals

I have been searching through the threads for something I saw awhile ago about flattening your abs out. I have been maintaining a fairly strict bulking diet, as best I can due to shift work, and have been seeing some good results thus far. My abs however appear to be turning into a little pot belly. Don't get me wrong, there is muscle definition there and the six pack is starting to show through. But I seem to have read something on here somewhere about flatteing this out. Can one of you point me in the right direction?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Jaz

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Flattening it out?

I think you're referring to burning off the extra fat on your stomach? If so, all the crunches in the world won't get rid of it for you. You need to adjust your diet and up your cardio so you're burning more calories than you're taking in. This is what we call a caloric deficit, and depending on the types of foods you eat, you will preserve muscle and lose mainly fat.

So plow away on the tread mill for 40-45 minutes every couple of days and maintain the protein in my diet then adjust the calories? I guess I can have the best of both worlds and gain weight and lose that little bit of belly fat at the same time huh? LOL.

Thanks

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaz75 View Post
    So plow away on the tread mill for 40-45 minutes every couple of days and maintain the protein in my diet then adjust the calories? I guess I can have the best of both worlds and gain weight and lose that little bit of belly fat at the same time huh? LOL.

Thanks
    It is possible, but since you're being a smartass and know everything, go ahead and do what you think is best.

If you're bulking, don't complain if you're putting on a bit of fat, it's all part of the game. I was suggesting that if you want to get rid of the fat, you will need to do cardio and diet. Unless you plan on going on test + tren , don't expect to go into a caloric deficit and still put on muscle.

Dude, that wasn't meant as a smartass comment. That should have said "can't have the best of both worlds" and not "can". It was supposed to come across a joke...I see how one little typo can change that. Sorry.

No, I won't be going for the gear just yet. Maybe in a few years as I am way to small still and want to build up as much natual as I can first.

I am expecting to take on the little bit of fat here and there during bulking its just that it really looks out of proportion to the rest of my body and wanting to balance it out.

Thanks again

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    adjust cardio and diet accordingly. unfortunately when you want to see single digit bf%, you will lose some muscle mass. not a lot but some. youll know your losing muscle mass when you notice you cant lift the same weight as you could before. if the bulge still doesnt go away. then you still need to up your cardio or fine tune your diet. it is all trial and error. im still learning myself.

if you want to try a quick fix. just do cardio daily. say about 6 days a week and see how it goes.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaz75 View Post
    Hey guys and gals

I have been searching through the threads for something I saw awhile ago about flattening your abs out. I have been maintaining a fairly strict bulking diet, as best I can due to shift work, and have been seeing some good results thus far. My abs however appear to be turning into a little pot belly. Don't get me wrong, there is muscle definition there and the six pack is starting to show through. But I seem to have read something on here somewhere about flatteing this out. Can one of you point me in the right direction?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Jaz
    Read up on lower cross syndrome and see if that describes you.

Thread Information