Thread: posture!

nath78 is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb posture!

i have shit posture..my back arches and shoulders lean forward when i relax,people say its because my chest is stronger/bigger than my back but my back is really strong and quite big but ever since i was told that when i do my chest/back day i do a push/pull routine 10reps of chest,10 reps of back on each exercise but do 4 sets on my back and 3 sets on my chest,ive been doing this for a while now and still no imporvement,any ideas why?or how to solve it?
    cheers
    nath!

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by nath78 View Post
    i have shit posture..my back arches and shoulders lean forward when i relax,people say its because my chest is stronger/bigger than my back but my back is really strong and quite big but ever since i was told that when i do my chest/back day i do a push/pull routine 10reps of chest,10 reps of back on each exercise but do 4 sets on my back and 3 sets on my chest,ive been doing this for a while now and still no imporvement,any ideas why?or how to solve it?
    cheers
    nath!
    I have the same problem. You need to go someone qualified in sports massage, they helped me alot, although I havent tried all the tips yet.

The obvious one is what you have said. Chest pulling shoulders forward etc...But I found it was more complex (at least for me).

My glutes dont fire when I extend my hips, my hamstrings do first, pulling my pelvis back. Which makes it look like my shoulders are more arched than they actually are.

I have to stretch my traps and chest often (especially when working out). I do stretched inbetween sets now too and have been extreme stretching a few body parts.

Go see someone thats qualified and they will feel around your back, glutes, hamstrongs, neck etc...I've also been told to do certain stretches and holds.

Unless you have some sort of disablilty or abormal spine (at any part; Lumbar, Cervical etc...) I'm 100% sure it can be put right.

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    yeah i dont think ive got an abnormal spine,like you said it should be able to be corrected,i might ask the girls at the gym next tym i go.

Thread Information