Monday - Quads & Calves
    Tuesday - Chest & Biceps
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Back & Hamstrings
    Friday - Shoulders & Triceps
    Saturday – rest
    Sunday – biceps

30min cardio every day of the week

does that give the bicep time to rest and grow usin the sunday??

AcePowerZ is offline Member
    Depending upon how you work them would be if you should lift them twice in one week.
    You don't want to do a total drain or you biceps both workouts, because then your next workout is two days later and more then likely you are still recovering. If you work them Hard on tuesday and light on sun might be better.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nath78 View Post
    Monday - Quads & Calves
    Tuesday - Chest & Biceps
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Back & Hamstrings
    Friday - Shoulders & Triceps
    Saturday – rest
    Sunday – biceps

30min cardio every day of the week

does that give the bicep time to rest and grow usin the sunday??
    why are you doing this? are you trying to play catchup with your biceps or something?

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ agreed. If your bi's are lagging that's ok, but a bicep only day? Seems like you could get something else done as well.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    ^^ well that way its kinda like a rest day for most of the body. i would think it would be better to do it saturday so you have more time off between each bi workout. sunday - tuesday is only 2 days opposed to 3 if you did saturday and tuesday

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ I get that and I agree. Do your extra bi on Saturday if you're lagging.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    If your doing any rowing exercises for back your hitting biceps as well. So essentially your doing three days of biceps which IMPO is to much.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    If your doing any rowing exercises for back your hitting biceps as well. So essentially your doing three days of biceps which IMPO is to much.
    yup. people always forget that.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    yup. people always forget that.
    I tend do disagree with this. I will say I see many people work their backs and use way too much bicep in the movement. With good form, a false grip and wraps you can really cut down on how much the bicep engage on nearly all back movements. Also keeping a slight bend in the elbows during eccentric part of the movement helps too. You can fully stretch the lats/back without straightening the arms. I know this goes against conventional wisdom but I think the "doing back wipes out your biceps" theory is overated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I tend do disagree with this. I will say I see many people work their backs and use way too much bicep in the movement. With good form, a false grip and wraps you can really cut down on how much the bicep engage on nearly all back movements. Also keeping a slight bend in the elbows during eccentric part of the movement helps too. You can fully stretch the lats/back without straightening the arms. I know this goes against conventional wisdom but I think the "doing back wipes out your biceps" theory is overated.
    I disagree, basic anatomy and biokinetics can not be ignored. The biceps have to be engaged unless for example you only do a pure scapular retraction which will only really engage a small ROM.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=449729

"The wide grip lat pulldown demonstrated a small but non-significant increase in the activity of the latissimus dorsi compared with the supinated grip pulldown. This same small increase is seen in biceps muscle when using a supinated grip versus the wide grip during the lat pulldown. Due to the small changes in muscle activity there appears to be very little difference in muscle activity between the wide grip lat pulldown and the supinated grip lat pulldown for the biceps and latissimus dorsi muscles.

Additionally, the seated row while recruiting the latissimus dorsi and biceps brachii more or equally effectively as the lat pulldown also recruits the middle trapezius/rhomboid muscle group to a greater extent. Actively retracting the scapula does not appear to increase activation levels of the middle trapezius/rhomboid muscle group. However, from previous research this position does appear to provide superior shoulder stability."

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah im trying to get it in twice a week because my biceps are lagging,ill move them to saturday then but ill drain them tuesday and just give them a quick blast sat.
    Cheers
    nath!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Of course back training works the biceps!

Its' how many sets you are doing each training session that I am interested in knowing. When training twice a week do a heavy session and a light session not two heavy days!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I disagree, basic anatomy and biokinetics can not be ignored. The biceps have to be engaged unless for example you only do a pure scapular retraction which will only really engage a small ROM.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=449729

"The wide grip lat pulldown demonstrated a small but non-significant increase in the activity of the latissimus dorsi compared with the supinated grip pulldown. This same small increase is seen in biceps muscle when using a supinated grip versus the wide grip during the lat pulldown. Due to the small changes in muscle activity there appears to be very little difference in muscle activity between the wide grip lat pulldown and the supinated grip lat pulldown for the biceps and latissimus dorsi muscles.

Additionally, the seated row while recruiting the latissimus dorsi and biceps brachii more or equally effectively as the lat pulldown also recruits the middle trapezius/rhomboid muscle group to a greater extent. Actively retracting the scapula does not appear to increase activation levels of the middle trapezius/rhomboid muscle group. However, from previous research this position does appear to provide superior shoulder stability."
    I read the whole study and if anything I think it reinforces what I said. It shows more lat stimulation with a pronated grip as opposed to a supinated grip. I am not suggestion the biceps are not "engaged" while doing back movements. I am saying you can have a complete and full range of motion of the back muscles while using a very small range of motion in the biceps.

The range of motion in back exercises is determined by the position of the shoulders and elbows. Anything past the elbows has little effect on getting a full lat stretch. You can do close grip pull downs and get a full overhead stretch while maintaning a 20 degree bend in the elbows. Releasing the arms completely straight will not stretch the lats any further but will necessitate activating the biceps in the beginning of the movement. Same thing on contraction, we have all seen the guy in the gym using to much weight on close grip pulldowns or (insert back exercise here) his chest is collapsed, back is rounded and arms are bent at 179 degrees at full contraction. Yes, this person has recruited his biceps fully with this form.

The same person with his chest high and back arched can acheive full contraction with barely a 90 degree bend at the elbow. This combined with a false grip will not deactivate your biceps in the movement but will greatly decrease the workload on them.

BTW, I always look forward to your posts Muscle Science. You put out a lot of good info for all of us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I read the whole study and if anything I think it reinforces what I said. It shows more lat stimulation with a pronated grip as opposed to a supinated grip. I am not suggestion the biceps are not "engaged" while doing back movements. I am saying you can have a complete and full range of motion of the back muscles while using a very small range of motion in the biceps.

The range of motion in back exercises is determined by the position of the shoulders and elbows. Anything past the elbows has little effect on getting a full lat stretch. You can do close grip pull downs and get a full overhead stretch while maintaning a 20 degree bend in the elbows. Releasing the arms completely straight will not stretch the lats any further but will necessitate activating the biceps in the beginning of the movement. Same thing on contraction, we have all seen the guy in the gym using to much weight on close grip pulldowns or (insert back exercise here) his chest is collapsed, back is rounded and arms are bent at 179 degrees at full contraction. Yes, this person has recruited his biceps fully with this form.

The same person with his chest high and back arched can acheive full contraction with barely a 90 degree bend at the elbow. This combined with a false grip will not deactivate your biceps in the movement but will greatly decrease the workload on them.

BTW, I always look forward to your posts Muscle Science. You put out a lot of good info for all of us.

Oh my bad I thought thats what you meant, I was like he cant be serious....LOL

I sometimes cant read very well I guess....

Oh and thanks for the complement...

Thread Information