Thread: Muscle Memory

Jallen5 is offline New Member

Muscle Memory

Just wanted to know the whole concept of muscle memory?

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Simply put muscle memory is a muscles ability to recall a level of progress in strength, endurance and even size. This is mostly seen (but not inclusively) in two ways.

1. Increased strength and growth from training made after an injury caused musclular atrophy.

2. People who train after years of layoffs, or former athletes who return to training after a long time.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    I'd agree with that, the body ability to return to aformer equilibruim.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    That is one of the principles that make the dramatic before and after shots in the Muscletech adds so powerful. They take a former competitive BB'er (such as Jason Marcovici) allow him to turm into a fat sow, then he diets hard, trains hard, uses Muscletechs supps. (plus a few others from his own peronal medicine cabinet) and "Voila" in 12 weeks you have an amazing physique. The body has an uncanny ability to return to a level it has previously acheived with the proper stimulus.

...and I thought it was all air brush work!

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Yep I thought that might be how they do it, cos they never show anyone who is a top name. I saw Greg Kovac at the Olympia the guys a mess, he was walking along and had to stop and rest, he was weezing, looked very unhealthy!

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    besides the fact that his GH belly sticks further out that his chest does. it looks gross. almost like a beer gut with seperation

Go figure...and the guy will never win either. No gear can overcome poor genetics.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    good points ...

I try and point out this a bit when a guy is SO worried about leaning out ..... Sometimes guys its a good idea to lean out and see whats there .... that muscle and strength isnt too far off .... good luck

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

True, True

I have always said in the past many time that how well you take care of your self in your 20's will depict how eay it is to take care of your self in your 30's and how well you take care of yourself in your 30's will depict how easily your body responds in your 40's ect, ect. It also important to remember though that this can go both ways. People who have alot of body fat useually have a much harder time keeping it off over the long haul as ( And I guess the yo-yo syndrom can apply here) the body remebers what it is use to. I have always heard that your body has a set number of fat cells that are developed during your adolesscents. Once grown, your fat cells simply increase in size not number. Unless one has had some form of lipo suction this number does not go down they just simply deflate. Thus the reason for many to yo--yo after returning back to their old way of life.
    Tobey

Re: True, True

Originally posted by Tobey
    I have always said in the past many time that how well you take care of your self in your 20's will depict how eay it is to take care of your self in your 30's and how well you take care of yourself in your 30's will depict how easily your body responds in your 40's ect, ect. Tobey

I like that!

MarkyMark is offline Member
    BTW sometimes shouting at your body helps !!!!

Remember how big you used to be ...... !!!! Wimp !

Thread Information