jport1540 is offline Associate Member

Question Lifting while recovering from surgery???

I currently am trying to lose some weight. I am 23 and currently weigh approx. 205-208 lbs and am 5'10"; I also have a cutting diet written. However, in 2 weeks I need to have surgery on my knee to repair a torn ACL, and subsequently I will not be able to do the conventional cardio (i.e. running, biking, etc). So my question is this; What would you suggest for me to do to burn fat (aside from diet) since I wont be able to do the cardio machines? I will have restricted mobility in the gym, but I still need a way to keep burning fat.

Also, I do not know if this is relevant, but I am currently taking 30 mg Adderall XR (prescription). Thanks in advance for your help.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    My advice would be to take it easy while you are recovering, the worst thing you can do is injure your knee again after surgery. Work on diet and then hit it hard after you recover from surgery.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaberle_15 View Post
    My advice would be to take it easy while you are recovering, the worst thing you can do is injure your knee again after surgery. Work on diet and then hit it hard after you recover from surgery.
    I'll second this!

Thread Information