bigguy44 is offline Junior Member

Work out for cycle.

hey all I have a few questions about my work out schedule.

I currently lift 5 times weekly, I run cardio four days a week with a pretty tight diet. Im gonna be running a cycle in a few weeks, im at about 205 right now and really wanna slim down to about 185 and lower my bf% about three percent which I know I can do with cardio and correct diet.

The real question is what type of lifting schedule should I be on while cycling? its a Test E cycle and I want mass, serious mass.

Squats, deadlifts, bench press of course are all size building workouts but what else can I put on my plate, and the more intensity the better.

jamminJohn is offline Junior Member
    First you say that you want to slim down and lower your bodyfat% and then, in the next sentence, you say you want some serious mass. Which is it? It's pretty hard to do them both at the same time. If you're trying to gain mass, you may need to cut back some on the cardio. As for what excercises you should be doing; There are many you can choose from, but I would try to work in some shoulder presses, pullups, dips and maybe some shrugs and bicep curls with your squats, deads and bench presses. For mass, I would definitely recommend sticking with heavy, basic compound movements as much as possible.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamminJohn View Post
    First you say that you want to slim down and lower your bodyfat% and then, in the next sentence, you say you want some serious mass. Which is it? It's pretty hard to do them both at the same time. If you're trying to gain mass, you may need to cut back some on the cardio. As for what excercises you should be doing; There are many you can choose from, but I would try to work in some shoulder presses, pullups, dips and maybe some shrugs and bicep curls with your squats, deads and bench presses. For mass, I would definitely recommend sticking with heavy, basic compound movements as much as possible.
    Yes, please clarify your intentions.

bigguy44 is offline Junior Member
    Well I would like to pack on the muscle and get some serious mass on me. I know that your basic compound movements are the staple of any mass building workout like cleans and so on. how about as to the frequency and reps of these workouts, some where in the 8 - 10 rep range?

dehydromethandrotren is offline Associate Member
    I would stick with these general guidelines and periodically evaluate and adjust as needed:

low volume
    2-3 exercises for large muscle groups
    1-2 exercises for small muscle groups
    3 sets per exercise adding weight each set
    6-12 rep range as close to failure every set as possible
    hit each bodypart once every 5-7 days
    eat 5-6 meals a day
    eat 1.5-2g protein per pound of LBM
    eat enough of the right kind of carbs at the right times, in the proper amount
    limit dietary fat to healthy fats

There is no reason you can't get bigger and stronger with this king of outline IMO.

Thread Information