ripsid is offline Senior Member

Shoulder (poss, rotator cuff)...what to do?

Well, 2 weeks ago it was a saturday and I don't w/o on sat's so I decided to do some pushup's, try to help with my chest developement. Well I was doing between 50 to 100 at a time and I was at about 250 when I hear a loud "POP!", so loud my dog shrugged! and cringed! Today I went to the doctor and I may have a partial tear in my rotator cuff. FUnny thing was she's checking my shoulder and movement out and I had no discomfort now it's 4 hours later and I can't lif my arm up and I'm hurtin. So, she says 2 weeks without working chest or delts/traps. I already plan on being a squating machine, but what about arms and back? What do you guys think? I'm so pissed, I've been eating like 4000 calories a day trying to gain hoping to get ready for my 1st cycle now, if this lingers I could be fucked! I'm so pissed, I work my ass off at the gym and really push and work hard now this. Very discouraged!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Bro, a partially torn rotator cuff is nothing to fuck with. Let it heal, or get cut on and let them sew it back together. It's your achilles of your upper body.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    agreed, you'll definately be set back... which muscle of the rotator cuff is it?

Anyways, don't go on your cycle yet cuz your muscle will grow faster than your tendon can adapt, esp if you're already on a injury. You'll just fuck it up more.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Bro I had the same thing back in 97' That damn thing took forever to heal... I couldn't do any heavy pushing movements for 6 months... Couldn't even push in a chair when I was out to dinner it was so bad... Went to a really good Doctor and tried the rehab routine with no luck... Finally was going to get cut and before getting cut I asked the Doc about Deca ...

He was quick to shoot down the idea....

So I did it on my own, and 4 or 5 weeks into it with only 300mg my shoulder felt brand new... And stayed that way ever since....

Cycle was very small 300mg of deca weeks 1-10 200mg of Cyp weeks 1-10 with some D-bol from weeks 1-4

May be something to think about if it doesn't heal up on it's own...

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Buff87 is a good bro and has solid advice. The problem here is you really do not know what is wrong. You have a doc who has only given you several movement tests without anything else to back up her opinion. Two musts with shoulder injuries. Usually an xray is given on the first visit to look for various types of damage. Two, if nothing is in the xray, get an MRI. That will tell you whether or not there is a major tear. On some MRI's you will not be able to detect a minor tear. If those come back without any bad news then I say begin doing rotor cuff strength exercises. There are many different low impact exercises to help regain strength in this area. AS should not be used to heal your injury unless you know what is really wrong. Usually you would like to go into a cycle relatively injury free for the best results. Just my .02.

Oc

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Good points Ocnorb36....

I had the x-ray done and it showed nothing, so next was the MRI which showed a partial tear of the front rotator cuff...

The exercises helped to some degree, but the pain was still there and my strength in any pressing movement was depressing to say the least...

That was the single most frustrating injury I ever had, because chest has always been one of my strong points and with the injury training chest was impossible and for 6 months I had to watch as I lost all the size I trained so hard to attain...

I'd would go see a Doc and get it checked out ASAP to see what you're dealing with if it doesn't heal up in a week or two...

And I would only get cut if it was the last option, becasue with shoulders I really don't think they are ever the same once you get cut...

Good luck bro

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    get i cut open and they can fix i had this done after 2 yrs of hurting it, it sets you back temporally but not long tear like a normal tear
    peace dude o had orthoscopic surgery

Thread Information