T.STEEL is offline Junior Member

changing workouts??

Just wondering how many of you guys stick with a workout program with the same exercises and around the same rep ranges for like 4-8 weeks then change to another routine or do you guys always keep switching the exercises around everytime you go back and hit the muscle again? I usually stick with something for awhile to see how my progress goes and then i switch when i reach a point where i dont really go up in weight or reps anymore. You guys notice better results when switching all the time or staying the same routine for awhile?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I've always like sticking with something for 2, sometimes 3 months. Then switching.
    I do switch, from week to week, from BB stuff to DB stuff. i.e. incline bb bench one week, the next, Ill use db's
    And every now and then I'll throw in a 100 rep smoker set

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    I've always like sticking with something for 2, sometimes 3 months. Then switching.
    I do switch, from week to week, from BB stuff to DB stuff. i.e. incline bb bench one week, the next, Ill use db's
    And every now and then I'll throw in a 100 rep smoker set
    Yeah i like this too. working out the other way where you always switch up lifts, sometimes its hard to find out what weight you need to be at and reps, you defiently would need to write everything down to remember how much weight you used for all those different exercises otherwise it would be pretty much pointless in my opinion.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    ^^^keep it fresh and keep your body guessing JMO

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    ^^^keep it fresh and keep your body guessing JMO
    Yeah. A few people I talk with at the gym never do the same workout week to week.

Always doing different exercises, in different order, etc..

The thing that i feel is that how do you really make progression, when always switching up exercises?? it just seems like more of endurance training to me, doing it that way. When you have everything laid out, next time you go back in the gym you know what weight and reps you need to be at to increase.

Thread Information