rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member

Bowflex Revolution

I came across a used bowflex revolution for 800$ (normally 3000) and am wondering if anyone has used them before and what they think....

I only want to have it around for the days I cant get to the gym and the price seems good...

In addition to this Im gonna get some of the 130lb power blocks to supplement my workouts that I end up doing at home...

So anyway...is the price worth the workouts I would otherwise miss???/

Thanks All

Rhino

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Bowflex sucks in my opinion. I have never owned one but my friends have. Ive tried it out several times.. Id much rather just pay for a gym membership.

For your question.. Depends how many workouts you would miss.

FortKnox36 is offline Associate Member
    Bowflex is good for eccentric contraction; however I wouldn't really recommend it. Its not as versatile as a gym would be. Plus no ladies to look at! haha jk

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    i hear they make great clothes hangars...lol

StritationOrBust is offline Associate Member
    You could probably spend half that much on some free weights and have better results if all you want is something to get you through days you can't get to the gym.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    No way...Bowflex sucks...unless you wanna look like this:

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    dude does have nice abbs...bet they wernt gotten on that bowflex

reardbandit is offline Associate Member
    I wouldnt have a Bowflex. For that same money, go out and buy a small squat rack with a bench and some weights. I bought a nice one off Craigslist with bench and enough weights for a while for like $600 bucks, stuck it in the garage. Of course, I cant park my car in there anymore, but hey, gotta make sacrifices.

Power blocks, on the other hand, great investment. They are really good quality. i know if EliteFTS.com endorses a particular brand, it's good stuff, and that is the only brand of adjustable dumbbell they carry.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reardbandit View Post
    I wouldnt have a Bowflex. For that same money, go out and buy a small squat rack with a bench and some weights. I bought a nice one off Craigslist with bench and enough weights for a while for like $600 bucks, stuck it in the garage. Of course, I cant park my car in there anymore, but hey, gotta make sacrifices.

Power blocks, on the other hand, great investment. They are really good quality. i know if EliteFTS.com endorses a particular brand, it's good stuff, and that is the only brand of adjustable dumbbell they carry.
    agreed You can buy a used home gym 200-400 bucks that is way better than the boflex

rickrick55 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    "Bowflex is good for eccentric contraction; however I wouldn't really recommend it. Its not as versatile as a gym would be. Plus no ladies to look at! haha jk"

NOT TRUE!

In one of the commercials the guy claims his wife still gives him that "look" every once in a while..hahahaha

sprawlbrawl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    I came across a used bowflex revolution for 800$ (normally 3000) and am wondering if anyone has used them before and what they think....

I only want to have it around for the days I cant get to the gym and the price seems good...

In addition to this Im gonna get some of the 130lb power blocks to supplement my workouts that I end up doing at home...

So anyway...is the price worth the workouts I would otherwise miss???/

Thanks All

Rhino
    i owned a bowflex sport it was ok for some stuff i ended up selling it for 500 buck i would never buy one again.join a gym

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    Why would you buy a Bowflex Revolution when you could have Dance Dance Revolution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yk-E...eature=related

Chance_Baby is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickrick55 View Post
    "Bowflex is good for eccentric contraction; however I wouldn't really recommend it. Its not as versatile as a gym would be. Plus no ladies to look at! haha jk"

NOT TRUE!

In one of the commercials the guy claims his wife still gives him that "look" every once in a while..hahahaha

Thread Information