Mike111 is offline Banned

weights before cardio

hi. the traditional and proper way is meant to be cardio before weights. but since i have no other choice im stuck with weights before cardio. after school i go to the gym, do my lifting and go home. a few hours later i have boxing training. really high intensity cardio which ive lost a whole lot of muscle from. can i still gain doing weights before i train for boxing?? there is a 2-5hour gap in most days between weights and training. i cant do gym after boxing because it woud be too late. any help or advice would be great. thanks.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Any high intensity cardio activity during the week will seriously impede your rate of growth. You will be burning far too many calories in order to be in a caloric surplus, which is the only way you will get bigger. With your boxing, I'd recommend increasing your calories by a lot just to maintain what you have.

FortKnox36 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike111 View Post
    hi. the traditional and proper way is meant to be cardio before weights. but since i have no other choice im stuck with weights before cardio. after school i go to the gym, do my lifting and go home. a few hours later i have boxing training. really high intensity cardio which ive lost a whole lot of muscle from. can i still gain doing weights before i train for boxing?? there is a 2-5hour gap in most days between weights and training. i cant do gym after boxing because it would be too late. any help or advice would be great. thanks.
    If your intentions are to gain muscle then training them before you do cardio is the way to go because your glycogen stores are up maximally. When you are done working out your glycogen stores are depleted, so take in a lot of carbohydrates, mostly simple sugars from fruit and such. This should give you the energy to go out and do some boxing. To keep gaining weight you need to take in more energy than you are expending. So in other words eat a shitload of food on the days you are doing cardio and boxing. I hope this helps some.

C

okay but wouldnt i gain weight and fat from that. being lean is as important to me.

tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    you won't gain much fat at all if any if you are training + cardio + weights.... you NEED the calories, just make sure they are CLEAN to avoid unwanted fat..... Don't be eating double western bacon cheeseburgers on a daily basis and then you won't be gaining all the unwanted fat. :] Check out the diet section for some AWESOME tips and advice! It helped me a ton!!

thanks alot. its time i really focus on my diet

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    weights before cardio, no question no matter what...

RotorHead is offline Associate Member
    you are gonna stay lean hitting the weights before cardio. as they are saying you are gonna have your carbs and calories stored and once thats depleted from lifting and training your body will use your reserves for energy for cardio. hope that makes sense

okay but wouldnt i gain weight and fat from that. being lean is as important to me.
    On days you do boxing I would up the calories by 800-1000cals that day. make sure they are from clean sources though. If they are clean you def will not be gaining fat.

Maybe if he take in a slow digesting protein before boxing it may help? something like caesin or cottage cheese? What do you guys think?

wont doing doing cardio after weights just make me lose muscle.

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    wont doing doing cardio after weights just make me lose muscle.
    No I always do my cardio after weight training. Dont know why you would wanna do it first and then be tired trying to workout?

Eat a shitload it wont make you fat if your doing some serious cardio. You could see micheal phelps abs throughout the olympics yet he was eating a ridiculous 12k cals a day

Thread Information