Thread: should i rest?

aestheticmind is offline Associate Member

should i rest?

my workout schedule has been 45 mins of cardio first thing in the morning(7am), then about an hour of weights after i get off work (6.30pm)

so far, i have been doing this every weekday, and taking off weekends, but i don't know if this is correct. should i hit it every day? every other day?

i'm going natural for now...
    6'3" 22y/o 190lbs 14-15% BF

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    depends on your training split

if you are hitting one muscle group each day, you should be fine,

If you were hitting chest 3 times a week or something like that, then YES you need to give it a rest

I have done 5 day splits, and they looked something like this

Monday LEGS
    Tues- Chest
    Wed- Shoulders
    Thurs- Back
    Fri- arms

take weekend off, then repeat.

StritationOrBust is offline Associate Member
    ^^What he said. I like that you have your cardio and weight training split up in the day. I much prefer this myself.

reardbandit is offline Associate Member
    An hour worth of work on one body part every single day is a lot though. Strictly IMO, if you can swing an hour's worth of arm work in a workout, then you need to crank up the intensity. That is way too long just to work on arms, or any bodypart by itself. I don't mean disrespect, but it sounds like you are cruising through your workouts. Lift with more intensity, do two bodyparts a day and that way you can spend more time recovering and eating

nails4me2 is offline Junior Member
    i enjoy doing one body part a day...with very high intensity and not stopping untill i feel sick lol...i usually take about an hour to do each body part...with rests of about one to two minutes between sets...i guess it all depends on the person but this seems to be working out great for me...if i get done with all my excersises and feel like i have a little more left in me i will pick a random exercise and do untill failure...different strokes for different folks so you have to find out what works best for you...but rest is the most important part of lifting imo...like they always say in this board, you grow outside the gym..not while your in the gym...it is hard to take time off cuz the gym keeps calling your name but ya just gotta keep reminding your self that if you keep tearing your muscles and not giving the new fibers time to heal which in turn makes them bigger you will just keep tearing them and make no progress...good luck bro and i hope you can find a workout routine that works well for you

reardbandit is offline Associate Member
    I agree nails. I just never have gotten much out of doing one part per day. I certainly understand wanting to lift more. However, the work I put in in the kitchen has required far more dedication than anything I do at the gym! Going to the gym is easy, but forcing down more chicken and tuna fish, that takes dedication!

Thread Information