Thread: ABS Workout

gettingthere is offline Senior Member

ABS Workout

Hey, i want to start getting a six pack for the summer! i train regulaly but havent been doing my abs or much cardio (well none). So i was wondering has anyone got a plan that works that i could use?

Grateful for all replies

PittBoy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sneejoe View Post
    Hey, i want to start getting a six pack for the summer! i train regulaly but havent been doing my abs or much cardio (well none). So i was wondering has anyone got a plan that works that i could use?

Grateful for all replies
    Check this link http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutrition/

I'd start with the stickies. Diet is the most important when trying to get the abs to show and then throw in some cardio and a little ab training.

Apart from the diet, how about the amount of cardio i should do and what ab excercises i should do, keeping in mind i dont want to lose size?

AUb27 is offline Associate Member

Talking

Here dude, I just searched youtube for like 10 min trying to find this vid again. I dont need it anymore since I wrote everything down. This workout is insane and it works. If you want abs for the summer theres no simple answer tho. Good diet, regular workouts and lots of cardio. Do whatever you want as far as workouts and cardio but add this workout in once or twice a day regardless of what training your doing. It torches fat like nothing Iv ever done. Its a great circuit. It takes 8 min. Hows that for easy abs?

Aaron-the-pitbull is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AUb27 View Post
    Here dude, I just searched youtube for like 10 min trying to find this vid again. I dont need it anymore since I wrote everything down. This workout is insane and it works. If you want abs for the summer theres no simple answer tho. Good diet, regular workouts and lots of cardio. Do whatever you want as far as workouts and cardio but add this workout in once or twice a day regardless of what training your doing. It torches fat like nothing Iv ever done. Its a great circuit. It takes 8 min. Hows that for easy abs?
    Did you post the like to him? I can't see the link dude.

PittBoy is offline Associate Member
    Apart from the diet, how about the amount of cardio i should do and what ab excercises i should do, keeping in mind i dont want to lose size?
    Everyone's body reacts different to excercise etc. so....to get 6 pack abs you need to peel the fat off of your abs to get them to show up. Diet is key in doing that. Cardio will be the 2nd most important thing. Try different things to see what works for you but maybe start with 25 mins of low intensity cardio as soon as you wake up or do the same cardio right after your normal workout. If that doesn't work try some higher intensity cardio.

Most important thing to know is that it's gonna take some time and the more on point your diet is the easier hitting that goal is gonna be.

As far as an ab routine just experiment with a routine that will hit them from every angle.

Thanks a million but can i have the link for it? thank you

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Sorry to kill the enthusiasm but nothing torches fat in 8 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Do you have a good abs amd cardio routine without losing size that i can use?

Thank you

Crunches 2x times a week and 45 minutes of cardio first thing in the morning 7x a week. Obviously diet needs to be in check but you havent provided enough information to set up anything there.

Morning - chicken roll, white roll
    Afternoon - maybe banana and apple with syntha 6 protein shake
    Late afternoon - matbe just some sort of meat
    After training meal - maybe steak or chicken with pasta, protein shake (currently universal weight gain)
    Maybe late on i have toast and cheese
    My liquid intake isnt great in college but i want that to change

Now i know my diet maybe shocking and it need more than tweaking but thats why im here, i really want to shape my body properly. Please keep in mind im a college student,

Id be grateful for all the help i get from you

Morning - chicken roll, white roll
    Afternoon - maybe banana and apple with syntha 6 protein shake
    Late afternoon - matbe just some sort of meat
    After training meal - maybe steak or chicken with pasta, protein shake (currently universal weight gain)
    Maybe late on i have toast and cheese
    My liquid intake isnt great in college but i want that to change

Now i know my diet maybe shocking and it need more than tweaking but thats why im here, i really want to shape my body properly. Please keep in mind im a college student,

Id be grateful for all the help i get from you
    You need to head over to the diet section and check out the stickies there. Also look for any of jamyjamjrs posts that show you how to figure out your daily calorie expenditure. After that you need to post your diet in detail. Not just what but how much. It takes some work to figure it all out but its something you need to do if you are serious about getting some help with it.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    post that and your full stats in the diet forum, and people will help you there.

definitely needs some "tweaking"

thank you

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron-the-pitbull View Post
    Did you post the like to him? I can't see the link dude.
    wow dude my bad, haha, here it is (the fat burning one)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btpYtdMwKFc

while you're there check out the other one with this guy in it, its a pretty wicked chest workout if u cant make it to the gym or if u just wanna get a nice pump goin before you have some girls over
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYYi8...eature=related

the guy is in insane shape, try doing one of the workouts and you'll see why.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    i put up the link, try the workout and see how u feel, maybe its more muscular endurance but its sure effing hard. i know im in pretty damn good shape and i struggled like a fat kid in a canoe trying to finish it.

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Abs is 80% diet 20% training IMO. Diet should be in check otherwise you can train years and you will just feel the abs and not see it.

i put up the link, try the workout and see how u feel, maybe its more muscular endurance but its sure effing hard. i know im in pretty damn good shape and i struggled like a fat kid in a canoe trying to finish it.
    I believe an 8 minute workout can kick your ass, I was just saying it's not going to shred fat. Anything that intense is bordering on anaerobic and is not condusive to burning stored bodyfat.

Thread Information