quadsofsteel is offline Junior Member

upper inner thighs lagging

I have just noticed that my upper inner thighs are lagging behind just a bit and im unsure of what to do to build up that area. Any ideas, im not sure but i think i read somewhere an outward foot position and/or wide stance for squat/leg presses helps work inner thighs? unsure. any help will be appreciated.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

Very good question!The best way is to do squats using a wide stance and with the toes pointed slightly outward. It's also important to hit parallel even if you have to reduce the amount of weight lifted. Building the inside of the quads is very important because it's where most of our size is located.

Here's a picture of my wifes muscular legs. Take note that she squats as I described above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails upper inner thighs lagging-kat_legs.jpg  

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    One that really helps me put on size is lunges. Use the bar and a long open space and do walking lunges down and back.

quadsofsteel is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the advice. i did my legs 2day with wide stance squats and targets the innere thighs unbelievably. my legs are friggin blasted. haha. there is not much space in the gym i go 2 for walking lunges but i did some reading on them and i think im really missing out on a great exercise. again thanks.

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Yep, your headed in the right direction. Do your leg presses real wide and real high (toes totally off the machine pressing through your heels). Also do wide stance stiff legged dead lifts. I promise you will feel it in a day or two if u do stiff leggeds correctly and intensly. PROMISE!
    P.S. You should be pressing through your heels on ALL press exercises.
    Last edited by Dobie-BOY; 04-09-2009 at 11:28 AM.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY View Post
    Yep, your headed in the right direction. Do your leg presses real wide and real high (toes totally off the machine pressing through your heels). Also do wide stance stiff legged dead lifts. I promise you will feel it in a day or two if u do stiff leggeds correctly and intensly. PROMISE!
    P.S. You should be pressing through your heels on ALL press exercises.
    Wide i agree with, high on the platform I dont. I think if you go to high on the platform you target your glutes and hamstrings a little more. Keep your feet about in the middle and as suggested wide stance.

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs View Post
    Wide i agree with, high on the platform I dont. I think if you go to high on the platform you target your glutes and hamstrings a little more. Keep your feet about in the middle and as suggested wide stance.
    I was under the impression he was refering to his inner hamstring muscles. Bid ol legs, are you refering to your quads or hams? I guess I'm not positive of the definition for "thighs".

Ashman46 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs View Post
    One that really helps me put on size is lunges. Use the bar and a long open space and do walking lunges down and back.
    Got to agree with this I find Lunges are terrific for putting on size and still always seem to leave me sore. I usually pick a spot in one of the empty cardio rooms and walk down and back using the bar.

Thread Information