Hollcraft is offline New Member

How fast do you increase weights?

How fast do you add weight to your routine? Coming back from an injury so I don't have anything recent. I never really had a set amount to increase by. The only thing I remember is when I started working out I didn't understand why people were talking about beginners gains because I had a harder time adding weight than now, even with everything else in check. Side track, does anyone have any experience with fractional weight plates? It would be nice to add 2 lbs instead of 5 lbs (dunno about you, but I can feel it) if I can't get it up, especially for smaller muscles.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    you need to progressivly add weight and/or reps in the same amount of time...

everyone is diff as to how much weight they can add (also, if your on gear, your obviously gonna add alotta weight quickly)...

it's also predicated on your workout routine and, most importantly, your diet...

if your a heavy lifter and you do somethihng like a 10 8 4 6 then your goal is to push 1 or 2 more clean reps or add weight and keep it the same.. this is progression and muscular hypertrophy cannot occur without it

Hollcraft is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    you need to progressivly add weight and/or reps in the same amount of time...

everyone is diff as to how much weight they can add (also, if your on gear, your obviously gonna add alotta weight quickly)...

it's also predicated on your workout routine and, most importantly, your diet...

if your a heavy lifter and you do somethihng like a 10 8 4 6 then your goal is to push 1 or 2 more clean reps or add weight and keep it the same.. this is progression and muscular hypertrophy cannot occur without it
    Im just asking how fast you personally add a certain amount of weight to a certain exercise. I usually gain anywhere from 5 to 10 lbs on bench every 4 to 6 weeks depending on various things I can't tailor to my liking in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcraft View Post
    Im just asking how fast you personally add a certain amount of weight to a certain exercise. I usually gain anywhere from 5 to 10 lbs on bench every 4 to 6 weeks depending on various things I can't tailor to my liking in my life.
    like i said it matter to the person.. i add an easy 5-10lbs on my bench almost weekly, but im on cycle... just listen to your body

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i understand what u are asking - but it varies so much ...cycling or not - cutting or bulking ....i dont even care about weight i add or take off any more. I care what i see in the mirror....dont get me wrong i know added stress in one way or another promotes growth but i couldnt tell you how much weight i add on and how often it goes up. Some days i feel strong i go heavy ..other days working just as hard i may be down a few lbs....eh.... im strong enough to do anything i need to in life...so the weight - inconsequential to me....

BBronco is offline Junior Member
    to answer the question hahah im not on cycle and i am goin up 2.5 kg a week on bench no supplements just got a bunch of natural test goin hard if i cant manage to go up by that amount il just can the extra weight and push a few more reps

^^^ yup

Dougewesq is offline Junior Member
    every f**king week even if it is a 2.5 # plate

Alphatier is offline Member
    Really depends on the exercise too! On squats I'll add aroun 5 lbs/week! Leg press around 10(sometimes 20)! But there's is times where I won't add any more weight, but try to squeeze out 1-2 more reps on every set! Also I don't think that every week you have to add weight to all your exercises!

Thread Information