Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Blasting vs priming

A MUST READ! ## Throughout the Slingshot Training thread located at the top of our workout section, I often provide sample time lines for priming and blasting. For example: a 2 week prime followed by a 12 week blast. Please understand that these are nothing more than samples and you should stick with the blasting phase for as long as you can possibly withstand before experiencing injury and total burnout. Gains are made during the blast by reloading and deloading not during a prime! I had one client blast for an entire 10 months straight this past winter and he's a monster now.##

I just wanted to throw that out there so everyone could see it. I do not feel I explained this concept in enough depth up front..

thank you

Ronnie

truly...truly... appreciated...ron..this is what threw me off at the beginning...

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    truly...truly... appreciated...ron..this is what threw me off at the beginning...
    That's why I made this post. For those who are not over-trained you can go straight into the blast which consist of alternating between a 1-4 week reload and a 1-2 week deload. The prime is only a safety net to return to when you start becoming over-trained. Your focus should be on the blast until you feel over-trained.

Thread Information