DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

How do you workout , track yourself ?

Do you do the same working over and over again until progress stops ?

Do you do a different workout everytime ? (how do you keep progress)

You wing it everyday ?

Alphatier is offline Member
    I normally stick to the same workout every week, but I switch exercises around sometimes when I feel gains have slowed down(ex: Let's say I start with Dumbbell Curls and then Barbell Curls, after a while I'd start with Barbell Curls and obviously increase the weight, but I'd stay the same weight with Dumbbells as i was before, just fewer reps). Also after a while it happens that I really start to dislike an exercise(feel that it's not really working) I'd throw in a different exercise instead(ex: just recently I took out reverse flyes of my workout, and replaced them with dumbbell side raise). To keep track of my progress I take a piece of paper with me where I write down every set(reps x weight). Also I increase weight every week(or I just go for 1-2 more reps). What you mean wing it?

There are some exercises that are always in my program. I have a hard time changing. But I'm more open minded than I used to be, I throw a new exercise in every now and again. I usually just change my rep range though.

jnewton86 is offline Member
    i change it up about every 2-3 weeks, whether it be tweaking a certain exercise, doing super sets, or completely changing the routine. if i dont feel the pain or soreness, then change is necessary

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    As mentioned, there are staple exercises that I always perform, regardless of the routine I am using. However, I mix up the isolation exercises every week to shock the muscle.

I also change rep range. I will do very low reps for a month (4-6), then higher reps (6-12) the next month. It always keeps my body guessing and growing.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    advanced lifters will adapt to a strength a routine somewhere between 2-3 weeks (everyone is different), my theory is if its not broke why fix it?!.. if your seeing gains keep it going until you dont.. then switch up the routine, body parts, days, intensity, reps, etc. document every exercise, every rep, every set and evaluate yourself and you can see when you actually stopped gaining, this is time i would switch my routine up

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    As mentioned, there are staple exercises that I always perform, regardless of the routine I am using. However, I mix up the isolation exercises every week to shock the muscle.

I also change rep range. I will do very low reps for a month (4-6), then higher reps (6-12) the next month. It always keeps my body guessing and growing.
    4 reps max is sick when coming to white twitch and strength muscle fibers.. switch the next month 12 max and maximize the red fast twitch .. with some 4 rep sets in there as well and youll likely never plateu.. given you change the routine when necessary

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    i keep track of reps, weights and which exercises

if i start feeling like nothing is progressing...

i change something. either reps/weights or add/take away exercises/routines

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I keep the same routine until I stop making progress, then I switch it up.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I keep track of errrrrthang in my head. I feel like I can "listen" to my body pretty well and can adjust my workouts accordingly. I try to get all of the large muscles and compound movements in first before doing the more isolated exercises. I also try to rotate in different rep schemes and variations of exercises (barbell vs dumbell, etc)

fit4ever is offline Associate Member
    In an attempt to honor DSM and his posting habits, I:

<insert overly sexual, gay comment here>

Thread Information