• cutting

6 66.67%
  • other

1 11.11%
  • whacking off

2 22.22%
    faight is offline New Member

cardio for bulking or cutting???

Which would you prefer to use cardio for?
    Bulking or Cutting?
    (btw, I HATE cardio)

jfalco is offline Member
    strange question. cardio does not aid in bulking but is always good for stamina and general fitness. It will never make you bigger.

no shit?

socaltom is offline New Member
    For me cardio is a must, by nature i'm a fat ass. I struggle to stay at 12%bf, 5'11" 220lb cardio 5 days a week, 25min.

makod is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faight View Post
    no shit?
    No need to be a smart a$$ when he's answering YOUR question.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Use cardio for anything. Just use different intensities and durations.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    i use it always, but wil switch up intensities based on goals

Quote Originally Posted by jfalco View Post
    It will never make you bigger.
    that is debatable

Quote Originally Posted by makod View Post
    No need to be a smart a$$ when he's answering YOUR question.
    he never answered my question

strange question. cardio does not aid in bulking but is always good for stamina and general fitness. It will never make you bigger.
    cardio itself will not make you bigger, but training in the right intensity will shed some fat off that gut while your trying to bulk!.. always recommended IMO

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faight View Post
    that is debatable

he never answered my question
    I think I said cardio is always good. I also said I don't understand your question.

I've done very extensive running and it didn't make me bigger. Quite the opposite actually. I got stronger, but lost a lot of weight.

Cardio for bulking doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe you don't understand what the word for means. Maybe you were trying to ask if people do cardio while bulking. I don't know. People ask a lot of dumb ass questions on here, so I tought maybe you thought you would get bigger by doing cardio and were asking how many people use this technique. Learn to use the english language before you insult someone for answering the question you asked.

Notice with 50 views only 2 people answered your poll, so I am not the only person who thought it doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by jfalco; 05-03-2009 at 01:28 PM.

I think I said cardio is always good. I also said I don't understand your question.

I've done very extensive running and it didn't make me bigger. Quite the opposite actually. I got stronger, but lost a lot of weight.

you answered your own question, doing higher intensity cardio (anaerobics) you are using muscle as your primary evergy source.. thats why you dont like it for bulking

Cardio for bulking doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe you don't understand what the word for means. Maybe you were trying to ask if people do cardio while bulking. I don't know. People ask a lot of dumb ass questions on here, so I tought maybe you thought you would get bigger by doing cardio and were asking how many people use this technique. Learn to use the english language before you insult someone for answering the question you asked.
    not to flame, but i dont think you understand what cardio means. there are two types, anaerobic and aerobic. yous houdl check out my thread to enlighten your knowledge before spreading the word that cardio sucks.

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    not to flame, but i dont think you understand what cardio means. there are two types, anaerobic and aerobic. yous houdl check out my thread to enlighten your knowledge before spreading the word that cardio sucks.
    I think you've misinterpreted what I was saying. I said a couple of times that cardio is always good. I can't see where you're getting that I said cardio sucks. I said that cardio won't make you bigger. That's why I didn't understand the question. If the question was, "should you do cardio while bulking?", my answer would be yes, you should always do cardio.

My post was in response to the OP insulting me for asking an honest question.

My understanding of cardio is that is is synonomous with aerobic exercise (e.g jogging, walking, bicycling)., as opposed to anaerobic exercise such as weightlifting. If this isn't what people mean by cardio, please explain. I have been wrong before and I'm sure I will be again.

Could you provide a link to your thread? I think I missed it.
    Last edited by jfalco; 05-03-2009 at 02:04 PM.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Im confused...

jfalco is offline Member
    If you asked me if I use cardio for bulking, my answer would be, "No, I use food for bulking."

If you asked me if I do cardio while bulking, my answer would be, "Yes"

Am I wrong?

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    Im confused...
    me too

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    cardio itself will not make you bigger, but training in the right intensity will shed some fat off that gut while your trying to bulk!.. always recommended IMO
    Absolutely true, and nothing I said suggests that I believe otherwise.

Alphatier is offline Member
    Both, Cutting and Bulking!

When you're cutting I'd say 5-6 times/week, and bulking around 3-4 times/week!

Remember you're not doing it for fat loss only, but for overall health.

you can do low intensity cardio 7 days a week for up to an hour. just replenish calories burned with food

JohnThePhoenix is offline Junior Member
    eat train would you recommend 7 days a week for someone who needs major fat loss? and if so for how long? or would their being too far overweight cause injury?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnThePhoenix View Post
    eat train would you recommend 7 days a week for someone who needs major fat loss? and if so for how long? or would their being too far overweight cause injury?
    7 days a week up to 1 hour low intensity which is under 70% HR.. refer to my other thread it will tell you info in one of the links

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    wow i'm lost, nobody knows what anybody means is all I got from this lolol

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    cardio should always be done when bulking or cutting.
    intensity may vary or time but it should done.
    People always overlook the most important muslce in our body.
    the "heart"

that touched me, "the heart"

Jokes aside, I do agree very much. Cardio is a very solid staple in any mans daily diet. Like stated above, just tweak intensity. If bulking nothing but low intensity, then if cutting or maintaining throw some sprints or HIIT in the mix every 3 days or so depending on joint condition. One thing i've battled with is a very sore pain in front shin area and below my shin, the bone will feel like someone beat it with a hammer after a good cardio week.

Anybody have advice on this problem? I just run thru it. I've been thinking of taking up swimming though, as I know it is much better on joints. I do like to run the track however.

i never run i usually just do some incline when i want to increase the intensity.
    but in your case sometimes your running action might be not spot on when you run, like landing wrong or not getting your legs high enough which can effect the shins.

also shin splints sometimes you cant do much about it, they just come on.
    but do concentrate and see your form check it out.

Yes i've thought it was my form also. I'll be looking into proper running form and see if I can point out any error. Thanks for the advice.

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xnotoriousx View Post
    Yes i've thought it was my form also. I'll be looking into proper running form and see if I can point out any error. Thanks for the advice.
    Unless you have a severe problem with your stride or you are a competitive runner, trying to correct your stride will do more harm than good.

Easiest fix might be your running shoes. Go to a good running store and have the staff fit you. They should watch you walk barefoot to fit the shoes. If they don't go to a different store.

If the store you go to sells nikes go to a different store.

A pair of runnig shoes can be worn out and look brand new. They only have 300 to 500 miles in them, and if you run every day, you really should have 2 pairs of running shoes and you should switch between days because the soles get compressed during a run and it takes a while for them to come back. Also if you wear a pair of shoes for weight lifting, they are no good for running, because it compresses the soles. Same reason running shoes are no good for weight lifting (compressable soles makes for bad support).
    Last edited by jfalco; 05-05-2009 at 06:14 PM.

cant go past asics when your doing your cardio, ultimate shoes.

Thread Information