Thread: squat help!

JAZZBBCC is offline Junior Member

squat help!

I just started using the westside training template about a month ago.My bench , shoulder press , and narrow grip press have all gone up but my squat has actually regressed! Is this a normal response? I am 37 yrs. old and have been squatting for twenty yrs. I had surgery on my right knee for a meniscus tear and was hit by a van which messed up my left knee a year after my surgery which was in 04. After reading the threads on how to squat big and use my hams, glutes, and abs to lift heavier wts and do it properly its apparent my form has been terrible since I started. Its no wonder I haven't been able to get stronger! I started doing ham glute raises and good mornings to strengthen my back side but as far as form goes I want to make sure I do it right. Should I go back to lower wt./ higher reps til I get the form down on the box squats. Any help would be appreciated! I also posted this in the powerlifting forum because I wasn't sure where to post it!

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    That happens to me. Either my squat goes up and my bench goes down, or my bench goes up and my squat goes down. Are you deadlifting?

since I started this program I have only been using it as a supplemental exercise. I have been mainly focusing on box squat, good mornings, and ham glute raises to strengthen weak areas and improve form.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Dude...you need to start deadlifting.

will do ! i'll work it back in and see if anything improves and i'll keep you posted.

bump

bump

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    it may be your diet?

Thread Information