redrock is offline Member

Having trouble hitting my hamstrings, what to do?

So I broke my leg about 7 months ago, so now I can't fully lock that leg straight. So I can't do straight leg dead lifts. I can't do leg curls either because that gives me a lot of pain. So basically, I am stuck with squats, leg press, lunges, deadlifts and that's it. Are there any exercises you guys can think of that will hit my hams? They are seriously lagging compared to my quads. Thanks, REDROCK

ARN
    ARN is offline New Member
    Have you tried Stiff Legged Dead Lifts?

redrock is offline Member

Re: Having trouble hitting my hamstrings, what to do?

Originally posted by redrock
    So I broke my leg about 7 months ago, so now I can't fully lock that leg straight. So I can't do straight leg dead lifts.
    Yep, no go. My leg won't properly lock out and I have a lot of pain when it does. I actually locks out farther than the other one. Bone is still all fucked up...

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    That hurts that u can't do the deads or curls, i didn't know there were any other exercises out there to work em. You might wanna try if u haven't already posting in the old timer's section (over 30), they might know since they're bodies are falling apart and they're constantly gluing them back together. If u haven't already, i would see the doc again about it, worst comes to worst and the doc might not want u to ever workout the hammies again depending on the condition. Better him tellin you then you finding out the hard way.

dudsy is offline Junior Member
    have u tried this exercise? works the hamstring-glute area
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Having trouble hitting my hamstrings, what to do?-238_glutehamraise2.jpg  

dudsy is offline Junior Member
    and part two
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Having trouble hitting my hamstrings, what to do?-238_glutehamraise1.jpg  

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    Wow, I've never seen or tried those... they look like they would be hard! That's the point, I know

Flaco is offline Associate Member
    Try doing leg presses with your feet positioned high on the platform.These kill my hams and glutes.

Thread Information