Thread: Cardio = Puking

ninthprince22 is offline Associate Member

Cardio = Puking

Lately I have been having a problem doing my cardio. I woke up today at 11am had a bowl of oatmeal, egg whites. I drank a good amount of water and started my cardio like around 1pm. 15 minutes on the treadmill, then i was trying to do 15 on the stairmaster. I got to 10 minutes and I felt like puking. I ran to the bathroom and before I made it there, everything was already coming out. My entire breakfast was sitting in the sink.

My question is, 1. what might be the cause for this? 2. Since my entire breakfast was thrown up, I knew i needed some nutrition fast, so the only thing i could think of was downing a protein shake. so i did that. how do i make up for the breakfast i lost?

p.s. i do drink water during cardio. I drink a good amount of water during my workout/cardio.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I was pushing cars the other day.

I ended up puking.

Then again, I had pizza before, lol

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    WOW that sucks.. Have you ever pucked before when doin heavy cardio??
    I remeber basketball and football back in the day,, first couple practice days you would have half the team chuckin,,, I never got that ,,, I get the sein stars and little black dots... Then fall over......

rogue01 is offline Associate Member
    I thought it had something to do with demands on the body. You are putting so much effort in your cardio that your body chucks up the food so it is not wasting resources digesting the food. I know that sounds crazy but I thought I read that somewhere.

I have worked hard enough to puke...I felt sick and light headed for a good 20 mins later. What about doing cardio on an empty stomach and not chugging the water (small sips).

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    My suggestion would be to do it on an empty stomach in the AM.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    I find myself to sometimes get sick in the morning so It is usually good to let everything settle before doing any kind of cardio.

clancywiggum is offline Junior Member
    are you taking any stims prior to your cardio? I've taken too much ephedrine before HIIT before and yakked my guts out....

sometimes dehydration can give you dry heaves as well

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What intensity was your cardio?

I need 3 hours after eating a meal before I can do any form of HIIT training. Maybe you just need a little longer for your meal to settle.

Also, don't gulp water, as long as you take in water by sipping regularly you'll be ok. I normally sip a pint of water over a 30 min HIIT session.

Another question, how old were your eggs dude, could they have been off?

Thread Information