Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

Exclamation why does this make sense?

curious for quite some time as to why people do legs all in one day and do less exercises for quads than for biceps? I mean if you think about it why would you do upwards of 3 exercises (say hammer, preacher, and reversed) for your biceps (a small muscle in relation to others) but only do one exercise for quads (extension). quads are a huge muscle and although they get worked doing other exercises such as squats etc, biceps get worked doing back. somebody please explain...
    my split
    Day 1
    squats, lunges, shoulders
    Day 2
    back, calves
    Day 3
    Chest, quads
    Day 4
    bis, tris, hams, calves

3 or two days rest is put in there somewhere

Lol, a lot of guy's don't even do legs. The ones doing bi's all the time are most likely worried about their beach muscles, and are usually overtraining them.

but I just mean to say, why is bis hit form three angles and bigger muscles are not?
    ex: monday - bis and tris
    isn't this like doing lats and traps only? like wouldn't you want to hit lats from many angles as well?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    but I just mean to say, why is bis hit form three angles and bigger muscles are not?
    ex: monday - bis and tris
    isn't this like doing lats and traps only? like wouldn't you want to hit lats from many angles as well?
    do you mean to say why do people designate an arms day as opposed to a "quads" day?

yes. like legs are may too big to do on one day. and is it just because arms are upper body that they get so much attention or is there science backing that quads hit from three angles has little effect on the quads, while bicep hit from different angles makes the world of a difference. Like small muscles that are worked by people in so many ways(biceps, traps, calves, forearms) seems to neglect the big muscles.
    I guess what I am trying to say is why are body parts that are made up of relatively large muscle groups (back, legs) grouped into one day instead of being split up into two days or more days?
    *I was hoping you would get to my thread eat...

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    yes. like legs are may too big to do on one day. and is it just because arms are upper body that they get so much attention or is there science backing that quads hit from three angles has little effect on the quads, while bicep hit from different angles makes the world of a difference. Like small muscles that are worked by people in so many ways(biceps, traps, calves, forearms) seems to neglect the big muscles.
    I guess what I am trying to say is why are body parts that are made up of relatively large muscle groups (back, legs) grouped into one day instead of being split up into two days or more days?
    *I was hoping you would get to my thread eat...
    well they are larger muscle groups so you would designate an entire day to them... as opposed to designating a day to smaller groups liek just calves or just biceps, you would do delts, biceps, triceps. i would think this is the only reason, hope it helps

If one can do 3 different exercises for biceps then why not do 3 for lats? instead of doing pullups do pullups (palm down), pullups (palm up), and pull downs at a leaned back stance?

Quote Originally Posted by illwillogical View Post
    Lol, a lot of guy's don't even do legs. The ones doing bi's all the time are most likely worried about their beach muscles, and are usually overtraining them.
    Yup. Big arms are great at the beach...big legs are great when you're actually naked with the chick...just ask the girls.

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    Yup,,, The wife says she loves my leggs ( she hates chicken legg guys )

but across the world somebody says make a muscle ,,,,, what do we all do

hold up the arm

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by _CrossroadS_ View Post
    Yup. Big arms are great at the beach...big legs are great when you're actually naked with the chick...just ask the girls.
    Unfortunately, I got my mother's upper body frame, and have short connecting biceps, triceps, and pectoral muscles, but I got my dads big legs, and glutes, and the girls love it. I get my ass grabbed all the time in the club, and I always hear girls say how they hate it when a guy has a big upperbody but no legs or calves to match it, so I usually get complimented in that regard. My leg day looks like this...

2 warmup sets of leg extensions, supersetted with hamstring curls
    1 warmup set of squats
    4 "heavy" sets of squats/ or leg presses (I can't go heavy because of a disc problem, but I go real slow, and to failure each set).
    3 sets of lunges/ or front squats
    3 sets of stiff legged deadlifts (also have to be done very slow) OR
    3 sets of that machine that works your glutes and hams where you are standing up and you push the weight behind you.

I save calves for chest day, and i skateboard, and play tennis a lot, so they get a good workout throughout the week.

Honestly, after all of that, my legs are dead, because I go to failure on each set, and I go real slow, and NEVER cheat my form. My legs benefit from high intensity, high reps, but a low number of sets.

Thread Information