Thread: bad posture

smithhy333 is offline New Member

bad posture

does anyone know which muscles need to be avoided when working out, to improve posture? I think I have overtrained some muscles.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    If u want better posture then practice better posture. Try driving with a rolled up towel behind your lower back and do the same whenever sitting at home. Anytime you notice you have bad posture correct it and eventually it will be a natural thing for you

ok thanks... I was expecting someone to say deadlifts tbh. I will certainly use the towles thing though

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    The towel helped me a lot. My ex works in physical therapy and told me about it. She said that lifting weights, particularly chest excercises, tends to draw the shoulders forward if you don't work on keeping your posture correct. It took me about a month before the posture I was working on holding became my natural posture.

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    The towel helped me a lot. My ex works in physical therapy and told me about it. She said that lifting weights, particularly chest excercises, tends to draw the shoulders forward if you don't work on keeping your posture correct. It took me about a month before the posture I was working on holding became my natural posture.
    thanks alot ^^

cubnlynx is offline Associate Member
    Train your core muscles I found my posture is slot better when my core muscles are well trained

Mastadon is offline New Member
    If you have an imbalance, i.e. you chest is pulling your shoulder's forward, then fix it by training the back muscles harder. You need to keep antagonistic muscles in balance to each other to avoid muscle imbalances (I know, I'm being Capt. Obvious with this statement). That said, muscle tightness and inflexibility can affect your posture more than having a muscular imbalance. Do you do any static stretching at the end of your workout? If not then add static stretching at the end of your training sessions.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Stretch the right muscles daily too.

I have rounded shoulders so have to stretch my chest. I also focus more on my upper back muscles when training. Bent over rows to strengthen my rhomboids etc...

Thread Information