Thread: Workout lenght

Jon the Rooster is offline Junior Member

Workout lenght

I have read that workout lenght should be kept to 60 min or less ( not using gear )
    Is there truth to this, cause at times I feel that I could go longer to get that extra burn I work so hard to get!

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Its all about your intensity, i never really go more than 50 - 60mins, good intensity and not too long of a rest and you should have a good workout done in 50mins

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sneejoe View Post
    Its all about your intensity, i never really go more than 50 - 60mins, good intensity and not too long of a rest and you should have a good workout done in 50mins
    my thoughts exactly, why waste time in between sets like everyone else. bust your ass and boogie

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    My workouts usually last an hour to an hour and a half depending on what Im doing.

My intensity is very good, say Legs, Arms & Shoulders 40 min is more than enough, but Chest & Back (Lower Traps), I can go over an hour easy & don't feel sore especialy on the next day!
    If I go up in weight on chest I'll lose form & on back I really have to focus not to use arms as much buy they still get/do most of the work.

Mabey I'll focus on supersets on these 2 areas to get in & get out by 60 min or less so I can feel it the next day.

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    my thoughts exactly, why waste time in between sets like everyone else. bust your ass and boogie

thats just plain bad advice^^. a lot of people limit themselves by not taking enough time between sets, especially if your goal is to put on size and strength. normally i would suggest no longer than 60 mins, if you take longer split your workouts so you can keep the intensity up. loss of productivity will only lead to you hitting a plateu, which long workouts will definitly cause.

I do rest 2 min between minor groups & 3 min on Major ones ( compound )
    xlxBigSexyxlx are you using gear? I thought that anything over 60 min was bad for a catabolic state. I guess the reason for my post

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon the Rooster View Post
    I do rest 2 min between minor groups & 3 min on Major ones ( compound )
    xlxBigSexyxlx are you using gear? I thought that anything over 60 min was bad for a catabolic state. I guess the reason for my post

No. Just by the time I warm up on the treadmill for 5-10 minutes, then do a few warm up sets, then workout. It seems about a little over an hour passes by.
    I would say anything over an hour 30 would be counter productive. It shouldn't take that long if your on a solid workout and not jacking around...

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    We just had a thread about this, so try using the search function next time. If I was in the gym for longer than an hour on any day, I would consider myself not working out as hard as I should be. On steroids it is a different story, though, in my opinion.

Thanks Everyone!!

Thread Information