AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member

how to change my workout regimen when I start my cycle?

Im gonna do a cycle of test-e (12 weeks/500mg) at the end of the month, and Im wondering whether to increase the frequency of my workouts. I train with a 10-8-8 rep scheme with the last set of every exercise is to failure. however, I do 4 sets of flat bench, squats, military press, and deadlifts on the days i perform those lifts. here is my current split

chest/bi
    quads
    off
    shoulder/tri
    back/hamstrings
    off
    off

should I maybe replace my last day of the week (off day) and restart my week again with chest/bi? this would mean i would be training 5 days per week instead of four. if i am not on cycle, I need the extra 2 days of recovery since my workouts are so intense.

I would prefer experienced opinions since I am certainly no beginner. im only a beginner to AAS

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    the routine is fine, i dont see the necessity to change up a split because you are on gear.. your rep ranges/exercises should periodically change to allow for more growth tho

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    the routine is fine, i dont see the necessity to change up a split because you are on gear.. your rep ranges/exercises should periodically change to allow for more growth tho
    ok i was wondering since gear enhances recovery. I need all the recovery I can get with this so I would tend to think you might be right

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    i change up my splits between reloading and deloading.. or out of plain boredom after a segment of somewhere btween 8-12 weeks

I usually change mine every 4-6 weeks but I might change the split or the order I do the exercises

any second opinions?

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamaledawg View Post
    i usually change mine every 4-6 weeks but i might change the split or the order i do the exercises

any second opinions?
    Your split looks good. Take a look at slingshot training at top of this workout forum.The Slingshot Training System You need periodization! After 4 weeks of higher volume training you need a 1-2 week deload (lower volume training). You can change exercises once the bread and butter exercises go stale but you should return to the bread and butter exercises as soon as you are ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Your split looks good. Take a look at slingshot training at top of this workout forum.The Slingshot Training System You need periodization! After 4 weeks of higher volume training you need a 1-2 week deload (lower volume training). You can change exercises once the bread and butter exercises go stale but you should return to the bread and butter exercises as soon as you are ready.
    im gonna look into that. that could potentially help me since i always have had problems hitting plateaus

Thread Information