vanrosenberg is offline Junior Member

Upper chest killers

My lower chest is well defined and hard as a rock but my up chest especially around the collar bone area in a in the middle is not as worked out as I would like it to be..

My question is with incline chest presses am whats the correct set up because I might be doing it wrong?

and what are some exercises besides this that would focus more on this than others.. I heard that its genetics that allow for well defined upper chests?

Alphatier is offline Member
    At what degree are you doing them?

I'd suggest doing them at a 30 Degree angle as it involves more chest than if you do 45 degrees.

Ronnie Rowland, I think, even suggest doing 10 - 20 degree incline presses.

I'm doing them about a 45 degree.
    10-20 seems almost flat but

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    whatever the lowest setting on the incline bench is what i do them at.

Apart from that what other exercises are there?

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    The only exercises you ever need to do for upper chest are barbell incline presses, dumbell incline presses, and incline flys. If you are just absolutely dead set on focusing on your upper chest and you are very confident in the rest of your chest, then you could do 3/4 exercises, or 2/3, depending on how many different exercises you do, on upper chest. Always start your chest day with incline, and stick to freeweights the majority of the time.

I am dead set on upper chest ha. Thanks will focus more on free weights I never have done incline flys incline dumbells as i train by myself .

Alphatier is offline Member
    Well, if you say you train by yourself then Incline Dumbbell Press and Flyes are probably a better choice then babrell since you don't necessarily need a spotter.

However, I include both, Barbell and Dumbbell in my workout, just at different angles.

I usually stick to the smith machine for barbell presses cause it keeps my in good form and i can do sets to failure... and not risk injury

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Shoulder presses should also be working them! Make sure you are bringing the bar down and almost touching your chin when you go by! I would lso recommend doing incline DB flyes too! They will stretch that upper chest right out!

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    If you go to 45 degrees your going to be working more your shoulders. I would do 30 degrees. There is only one way to build a big chest, and that incline bench. It has the fullest renge of motion period. Full range of motion is what builds overall muscle. its such a shame that %90 of people don't ever do it. Also you can concetrate on your negative.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lean n' mean View Post
    At what degree are you doing them?

I'd suggest doing them at a 30 Degree angle as it involves more chest than if you do 45 degrees.

Ronnie Rowland, I think, even suggest doing 10 - 20 degree incline presses.
    Yes! Do them on one notch from the bottom on adjustable bench to take front delts out of the movement as much as possible and use a smith machine if possible for better chest isolation. Have it set up so that you are pushing back not forwards.

Thread Information