Thread: Negative Reps!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries

Negative Reps!

Anyone besides me do negative reps for chest size and strength? I try to do them whenever I have a spotter. I do to sets of 2-5 reps at the end of my flat bench! Usually try to go heavier than my 1RM! So I usually do them with like 425# Once my bench gets back up to that weight I will raise it up. Usually try and stay 20-40# above my 2 rep max! Man they work great for me!

Klimax is offline Member
    Yes i love negative reps too. They're great for strength alone or after less reps and even better for size after 8 reps. I should learn to do them also with squat, but i don't like spotters in this execise.

graeme87 is offline Member
    I love them too, one of the best ways to add size and strength.

You don’t always need a spotter if you’re using them one bicep curls for example just cheat the weight up and then perform a slow negative, the same for shoulder press.

I like to use them at the end of a set, for example I’ll perform 4-5 reps on the shoulder press and then use my legs to drive the weight up and squeeze out 2 negatives.

Although doing a set of pure negatives is also a great shock to the body since you are able to handle a much heavier weight but you need a trusted spotter.

when i used to go to the actual gym i used to load up the leg press machine with 1000lb and put your hands on your quads and use them to help push the weight up and then do the negative with jsut your legs it was a killer!

Klimax is offline Member
    I like negative reps specially with free weights.

Thread Information