stokedv is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down "Start" to do cardio workouts...

Hello all...

Okay so my story is that i need to shed lots of fat.. I am actually 20 years old will be 21 in december, 22% 5"11 and sitting at 204pnds...
    I will post my diet in the diet section with macros and cals and everything as soon as i get the time, but just so you have an idea of what i'm eating Milos videos are fabulous and it took me almost 3 hours only to build my diet so i'm set on that side of things.

My plan is to go running every day for 45 minutes as recommended.
    So now, the problem is that I have been sitting on the couch for the last 1 year roughly.. not doing ANY cardio whatsoever.. and it's scary how weak I became.. before I was able to keep my rythm for about 20 minutes before I do 2 minutes cooldown but now things are different..

I started running sunday (today is going to be the 5th day I am putting myself back to cardio) and that day .. was shocking! I was able to do 4 minutes and I had to stop.. embarrasing. that is 5 times less performance then I used to have.. so after the 4 minutes I did like 1 minute cooldown and started to keep a very simple rythm for maybe another like 4 minutes.. and I kept on doing this repetition as much as I could.. I could push 5 sets like that (4 mins on 1 min off) which gives us a total of 25 mins workout.. NOT ENOUGH!!!

Yesterday was the 4th day, and I was able to push 10 mins the first shot, at a relatively vigourous rythm, 2 mins cooldown, 7 mins the second time , 2 mins cooldown, and I was reducing every shot by 3 mins, BUT I was increasing the rythm every time to make it comparable to HIIT training..

And I get those cramps under my right bottom rib .. My gym teacher in high school told me its air being trapped there and all I have to do is exhale really hard, and it works!!! but it comes back like 1 minute later and it bugs me so much..

So please people I need help .. and as much advice as you guys can give me on how to do my running correctly, on how to breathe, and how to do it the most optimal way possible..
    Any comments and suggestions abouth anything related to this topic and/or anything in that post that you would like to suggest or comment would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thank you in advance.!
    ]
    -Stoked

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    Thanks a lot for that .. but I read all the stickies already as its the forum rules before you post..

And your sticky is amazing with tons of useful advice but my bottom line questions are:

1) what can I do about the air stuck under my ribs or some shit if there's any techniques you guys use that makes it go away or makes it easier to tolerate..

2)how to do my sets of running so that I can optimize my results.. and achieve a goal of 2 sets of 20 minutes with 5 minutes cooldown (total 45 minutes)

Thanks again any advice or comments on my post are greatly appreciated..

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I would just go at a slower pace to begin with, one that allows you to get in 45 minutes continuously. Might be you just have to do a fast paced walk to start out with.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I would just go at a slower pace to begin with, one that allows you to get in 45 minutes continuously. Might be you just have to do a fast paced walk to start out with.

yeah I was expecting to hear something like that so now my question comes to this : if i do brisk walking for 3 minutes+ then i run for 1.5 minutes then brisk walk again then run for 1.5 minutes again will this be good? its like HIIT.. but for fatsos like me who want to burn fat and start somewhere..

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    you dont need to go through agony to lose the weight, as fireguy sed try a slower pace, like a speed walk, and just do short quick bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dan View Post
    you dont need to go through agony to lose the weight, as fireguy sed try a slower pace, like a speed walk, and just do short quick bursts.
    Sweet thank you so much guys for your input..
    I am willing to work hard for this so "Hopefully" it works and it should...

Jon the Rooster is offline Junior Member
    When I first started cardio I could do only 4min of jog'n then I walked fast pace to catch my breath, then picked up the pace again,,,,,over & over, till 45min was up. It took less than a month till I could jog the total 45min.
    Set some realistic goals like 10 min of jog'n before you walk. I found that I got a second wind around 20min into it & could go further without discomfort or being winded.
    Stick with it!!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Take it easy, first week do 10 mins every day. Following week do 15-20 (depending how you feel) and so on until your at 45.

Thread Information