jlanc0822 is offline New Member

workout routine for cutting

Here it goes... I'm 34 230lbs (down from 238 last week) 5'11 around 19-20%bf. I have been eating like a pig for 6 mths unable to workout(car accident) and hating life. I had normally hung out around 205 about 10-11%. I have almost no experience cutting and have never really eaten properly (now that I've read the diet section). I have been cleared to workout by the doctor finally and back in the gym for a little over 2 months and with almost 30lbs of lard on me it has been rough to say the least. I am using Rambo's sticky in the diet section as a guide for cutting starting last week. I am happy to report that even after 2 cheat meals I was able to lose 8lbs!!
    Ok so I'm taking in about 300g p, 130g C, and 50g f per day and last week I had two cheat meals (trying to only have one and keep it at or below 500cal)
    Cardio 45mins to 60mins every day unfortunately not in the am on an empty stomach. Workout split is Monday chest and bi's; Tuesday off; Wednesday Back and Tri's; Thurs off; Friday Legs; Saturday calves, forearms, and Abs; Sunday off
    M W F: 45-60mins
    T TH: 10-15mins
    Sat: 30-45mins

Here is my workout question:
    I am basically keeping my same old routines with lower weights, higher reps, and 120secs between sets. For Example this is my monday workout:
    Flat Bench
    Db Preacher (single arm)
    ab exercise
    rest (repeat 3x15reps)

Incline Db press
    standing barbell curls (alt wide and narrow grip)
    ab exercise
    rest (repeat 3x15reps)

Incline fly
    concentration curls
    ab exercise
    rest (repeat 4x15reps)

Don't know if anyone has a sample cutting workout or really any help in this area. Should I work single body parts 6 days per week? I'm never going to be a bodybuilder but I want my "beach body" back.

P.S. I have clen and T3 but not taking it. I am going to hold off and see if I have any sticking points over the next 10 weeks. Never had to worry about what I eat other than protein so I've gotta get my mind right! Wish me luck

Klimax is offline Member
    In cutting i would do the same training that i would do for size. Loosing fat depends from diet and cardio.

In a cutting i would take more fats (at least 75 g).

Thread Information