ADB007 is offline Associate Member

Too long break in between sets/exercises

I know it is best to train intensely and keep your pump going throughout your workout.
    But what happens if in between your set/exercises you see an old close friend for example and you have to take a few minutes to catch up.
    When you return to your training usually your pump and intensity has completely gone. How does this effect your workout? will the rest of your workout be rather worthless?

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADB007 View Post
    I know it is best to train intensely and keep your pump going throughout your workout.
    But what happens if in between your set/exercises you see an old close friend for example and you have to take a few minutes to catch up.
    When you return to your training usually your pump and intensity has completely gone. How does this effect your workout? will the rest of your workout be rather worthless?
    personally I never talk to people at the gym, except for a few hi's and bye's. When Im in the gym Im there to train, plain and simple. If you run into an old friend and decide to stop working out completely for the day, by all means. You shouldnt let 1 workout spoil a good friendship. Now if you run into an old friend 3 times a week, goto another gym, lol......

Klimax is offline Member
    Would you have a long conversation with an old friend during an holy cerimony?

Quick conversation and back to it. Keep that pump going and blood flowing!

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Most people will not bother me in the gym. And the ones that have not seen me in a while would hopefully understand that Im not blowing them off whenI cut it short.

This has happened to me. But I really try to keep that pump . If I feel it leaving the muscle Im out.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If Pulled away for a couple minutes I add more weight .

Doing legs it takes a couple minutes to catch my breath , Not very good conversationalist anyway .

Okinawa_Power is offline Senior Member
    Same here...I have a goal in the gym and that is to destroy the muscles I am working...I may say "whats up" or hit fists but that is it....I am not there to have a ****ing conversation.....Just tell them to **** off and get back to work......That is why I told my wife she cannot go with me anymore....To much ****ing talking and not enough training.......

stpete is offline Banned
    I intentionally don't make eye contact a lot of times just for this reason. If i run into an old friend i'll make it short by telling them that i'll catch up with them in a minute. IE: after workout.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADB007 View Post
    Dude, all you gotta do is jump back on and grab your set, if they are not leaving to let you finish your workout just continue it while he's standing there.

I work out with my best friend and we talk the whole time just about, but we never lose the intensity of the workout.

Thread Information