Little Herc is offline Associate Member

Training intensity question

Hey guys got a few questions. My usual routine is 3 to 4 sets 8 to 12. Using enough weight to stuggle to near failure between 8 and 12. I sit on my ass in between sets till i feel that ive got most my strength back. I also try to do something that doesn't hit the exact same body part in the same way for my next exercise even tho i do one body part a day. Ill do like deadlifts then throw in a minor muscle group like abs in between. My question is today I was in a hurry so i decided to drop the weight down too a more manageable number (still decently heavy not like cardio range or anything) and then i interweave my exercises so that while i was recovering from a set of one thing i was hitting something else. Is this what is known as HIT? It was a faster workout and i didn't feel as sickly when leaving as working out heavy weight. I'm thinking about working out this way for a couple months. Just wanted some opinions thanks for the help and sorry if u cant read the post

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I am confused... but That is not HIIT. HIIT is like 1 minute 85% heart rate then two minutes at 65% heart rate HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training.
    I think you are referring to circuit training.

Just post up a regimen to be critiqued.

Klimax is offline Member
    Those are jump sets. Hit is High intensity training (different from hiit) based on low volumen.

Thread Information