One muscle per day ..5 days a week?

Been having some guys on here suggest 1 body part per day? What are the advantages of that and why wouldit be better? Would you then up the sets on each muscle? What are some of your thoughts on this?

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    im not a huge fan of that school of thought for myself, although the benefits for some people are undeniable. Many people can hit muscle groups quite well without the 20-30 sets that a 1 muscle a day workout usually suggests. many pro's use workouts similar yo that with huge volume, i believe in an effort to really sculpt the muscle.

its worth some research and experimentaion on your part. in general there is no right or wrong when it comes to workouts, aside from; heavy for mass, lighter for definition, cardio for fat burning, etc. but different people respond differently to various forms of stimulation. trial and error is the only way to find what works best for you.

Moto

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    That routine worked out well for me in the beginning. The theory behind it is go really heavy and then give your muscle a week to rest and grow. Still keep good form. You don't want to go so heavy your going to sacrifice form and possibly injure yourself. As far as sets go I would stick to three working sets and maybe a dropset or two towards the end of the workout

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    That's what i am doing right now.

magaton is offline Junior Member
    Subscribing...

i just ended a 3 on 1 off and am now starting 5 on 2 off. Just for purpose of sharing i am doing 4 -5 exercises for each muscle group with 4 sets/ea exercise/anywhere from 8-12reps.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Cat View Post
    Did you up your sets for each muscle? Post your workout!
    What does your routine look like now? How many sets, reps, and excercises do you do. I can't tell you if you need to up your sets if I don't know how many you currently do.

Thread Information