Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WS6_KID is offline Associate Member

>>>Anyone whos EVER done cardio!<<<

I'm fed up with being fat!! Well i'm not really fat, i'm 6ft 230. I'd estimate my bf to be around 15% I'm starting to do cardio tomorrow, from my understanding 30 min on an empty stomach before breakfast would work best for me at a Heart rate between 121-141??? I work 330pm to midnight so I cant train in the evening. So would doing cardio on an empty stomach prior to my first meal and then going back to the gym after lunch (my 3rd meal of the day) and doing weight training be ok? I currently supplement the muscltech line up (please no flames) Also would taking hydroxycut 1st thing in the morning prior to cardio be ok??? I hate the idea of going to the gym twice a day, but I have the time and if thats what it will take then i'm doing it

ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

-Pat

yellows2k is offline Member
    If you don't mind losing a lil bit of muscle that's fine, you'll lose the most weight right when you wake up. Good luck.

MUNCY is offline New Member
    ws6_kid sounds like you got it all figured out keep it up and you'll see progress.
    .Muncy.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    You can take a protien shake with your hydroxy and hit the cardio and weightlifting I always do it I dont think you will loose any muscle whats your diet like and whats your age?

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    Whenever I do cardio first thing in the morning, my day seems to feel alot more energized. Later, then, when I go back to hit the weights, my energy levels are greater. A hydroxycut, or in my case a ripped fuel, gives you that "motivation" to do a hard cardio workout. If you're at all like myself and are a night person, morning cardio can be a tough habit to start. Best of luck to you bro...keep us posted on your results!

babi is offline Associate Member
    you dont need to go to gym twice daily if you spend a couple of hundred bucks on a bike.i am sure you can find them at w or k mart.

Originally posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    You can take a protien shake with your hydroxy and hit the cardio and weightlifting I always do it I dont think you will loose any muscle whats your diet like and whats your age?

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup dry oat meal with water and one to two spoon fulls of sugar, 3 whole eggs scrambled with a little cheese (3 finger tips worth)

meal 2: Protein shake ~40-50 grams of protein, and a bagel or piece of fruit.

meal 3: (post workout) Another protein shake, 10 grams of glutamine, creatine. 1/2 cup dry oatmeal.

meal 4: Chicken breast or 8 oz steak, 1 cup oatmeal or a bagel.

meal 5: Protein bar ~30 grams of protien. Some times I'll throw in some crackers...

meal 6: A protein shake an hour before bed time.

Theres how I eat on a typical day. How many grams of carbs should I consume daily if i'm looking to lose fat?? I try to get aroung 200 to 250 grams of protein a day, but i'm not sure about carbs....

BTW- Thanx for the help guys

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I have a desk job involving NO physical activity. So I drink tons of water (~2 to 3 gallons a day) and have plenty of time to eat whenever I need to......

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    i would say add some more real food in there, and take away one of the protein bars. or leave it other than that you got it down pat.

Cubber is offline Junior Member
    I'd just take out the sugar. Looks good

Yeah eat something man cuz after you sleep and wake up, your body is already in a catabolic state.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    suprized you still like the shakes 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and do you have a low carb shake that could be it if its hgh sugar and high carb i get low everything and high protien

Farmer is offline Member
    .02 here...when doing the cardio in the morning down a scoop or protein in water with like 5-10 grams of glutamine. Ditch the sugar for some splenda or something and keep protein levels high and carbs level moderate with complex mostly throughout the day (Oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato...etc.) except for postworkout get some HIGH GI carbs in their because your bodys gonna be going through some shit with between the cardio and weight training...good luck bro!

keep us posted..

peace

Thanks guys, i'll keep ya posted and post pics soon....

Babi...
    You go to Kmart, I'll be at the gym...

-zzo

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    There is some great info in this thread!

For me, the fastest way to dump fat is keto diet and daily cardio.

It gets boring , oh so boring, on the treadmill.

I lift 5 times a week and do cardio the same.

But during the holidays i went to 3 times a week and i havent gained one pound of fat =)

With cardio, its how long you do it and not how hard. Atleast for this fat boy! I really see best results with keeping your THR for 30-45 mins 3-5 times a week.

Dump all sodas, its water,water and more water!

If your not taking supplements, pick up vit C, Vit E, and a good multi vitamin.
    500mgs vit c twice a day
    400UI vit E twice a day
    Multi Vit Twice a day

Now this is just a basic supplement plan, not the end all to beat all plans.
    I lost a total of 75 pounds so far doing that. If i can ever help you please PM or post.

nuke is offline Member
    Buddah ! Way to go bro 75 !! NIce

OK Everything in this thread is good. Buddah you hit it on the had
    1) CARDIO IN THE AM
    2) Duration : 30-45 minutes. For major fat loss 5-7 times a week. For moderate. 3-5..Either way youre dropping fat !
    3) No SUGAR !! NO CARBS.. I would even stay away from the brown rice and sweet potatoe, until you shed much lbs...
    4) NO/LOW Carbs . Low = 30g A DAY !!!!
    5) Take a multivitamin and ALA as well as flaxseed oil. Youll need some fats.

Good luck bro ! You dont need it though you just need to do it !

Originally posted by nuke
    Buddah ! Way to go bro 75 !! NIce

OK Everything in this thread is good. Buddah you hit it on the had
    1) CARDIO IN THE AM
    2) Duration : 30-45 minutes. For major fat loss 5-7 times a week. For moderate. 3-5..Either way youre dropping fat !
    3) No SUGAR !! NO CARBS.. I would even stay away from the brown rice and sweet potatoe, until you shed much lbs...
    4) NO/LOW Carbs . Low = 30g A DAY !!!!
    5) Take a multivitamin and ALA as well as flaxseed oil. Youll need some fats.

Good luck bro ! You dont need it though you just need to do it !

30 GRAMS A DAY! HOLY S%$# Are you serious?!?!? Should I cycle carbs like 2 days low (30 grams) 2 days mid (100 grams) and one day heavy (150-200 grams) But if thats what it will take, then 30 grams it is. Will I lose strength? It already feels like my stomach is eating it self at night

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    30 grams is what your brain will metabolize for it's processes. Eating 30 grams per day with lots of cardio and resistance training - you are sure to hit ketosis... and the wall - the first week or two suck. But then your body learns to process the ketones for energy.

Read this article by by Chris Shugart at T-Mag, The Diet Manifesto.

I don't do any cardio and eat about 200g of carbs a day and my body fat has been going down....

Originally posted by Warrior
    30 grams is what your brain will metabolize for it's processes. Eating 30 grams per day with lots of cardio and resistance training - you are sure to hit ketosis... and the wall - the first week or two suck. But then your body learns to process the ketones for energy.

Read this article by by Chris Shugart at T-Mag, The Diet Manifesto.

Good reading! THANX ALOT

Well I got a nordic track down stairs so I'll hit that for a couple days in the morning 30-45 minutes with moderate intensity then go to the gym around early afternoon. Man I feel like my stomach is caving in on itself...no pain no gain right? Or less....err...ummm....yeah......

Well Its 11:52 Pm where i'm at and I'm somewhat hungry and paranoid as all hell from the hydroxycut. I'll post pics of myself ASAP My dog chewed the cord that goes from my digi cam to my computer So I got no way to get pics off my camera DAMMIT!..... HOW does flaxseed oil help????

Farmer is offline Member
    Definently throw like a tbsp of flax in your night shake...

Originally posted by WS6_KID
    Well Its 11:52 Pm where i'm at and I'm somewhat hungry and paranoid as all hell from the hydroxycut. I'll post pics of myself ASAP My dog chewed the cord that goes from my digi cam to my computer So I got no way to get pics off my camera DAMMIT!..... HOW does flaxseed oil help????
    For starters - you shouldn't be taking any HydroxyCuts late at night.

Also, if you are hungry, eat! Slam some water first though, many times thirst is confused for hunger. The thing is not to drive you nuts so you go on a Baby Ruth and M&M bindge. Take a week or so and get used to your new diet and learn some receipies (however the fuck you spell that). Stock up on chicken, turkey, lean meats that you can shovel down and stay satisfied. Oven cooking bags are really handy for a fast meal.

Same thing with training - don't overtrain... gradually work it in.

I have no idea where you are at now but you say you are 230, 15% bodyfat you are pretty frickin' big and trained enough to handle a little extra cardio. Before you even post a pic I am going to guess you are 230 @ 25-30% bodyfat because you don't seem to know a whole lot... and that is a pretty respectable size - especially for 18 years old and not knowing how Flax works. If you are 15% BF - you have some genetics that are going to take you really far...

Originally posted by Warrior

For starters - you shouldn't be taking any HydroxyCuts late at night.

Also, if you are hungry, eat! Slam some water first though, many times thirst is confused for hunger. The thing is not to drive you nuts so you go on a Baby Ruth and M&M bindge. Take a week or so and get used to your new diet and learn some receipies (however the fuck you spell that). Stock up on chicken, turkey, lean meats that you can shovel down and stay satisfied. Oven cooking bags are really handy for a fast meal.

Same thing with training - don't overtrain... gradually work it in.

I have no idea where you are at now but you say you are 230, 15% bodyfat you are pretty frickin' big and trained enough to handle a little extra cardio. Before you even post a pic I am going to guess you are 230 @ 25-30% bodyfat because you don't seem to know a whole lot... and that is a pretty respectable size - especially for 18 years old and not knowing how Flax works. If you are 15% BF - you have some genetics that are going to take you really far...
    I hope i'm not around 25-30% I'll do what I can to get some pics up soon.... Your right I don't know a whole lot, but thats why i'm here So, how does Flax work???

Farmer is offline Member
    Flaxseed is a good source for the essential fatty acids and in your night shake it will help slow the digestion of the protein.

peace

Thank you

nuke is offline Member
    Youre on the right Track bro....
    Farmer and Wrrior are on point....30g is what your brain needs to...."stay alert"

If its rapid fat loss youwant that is the magic number...IF youre training heavy and kicking cardio hardcore you can go a little higher....

If you want to burn it a up mega. Do 25 minutes high intensity 2x a day....I promis you loss in 3-4 weeeks. Noticeable loss !!!

Ok well 30 grams it is.......thanks for the advise guys and i'll definatly keep ya posted I took some before pics on the digi cam today So i'll update with new pics about every 2 weeks. I'll try and get them up by wednesday

zzo i wasnt talking to you son!i was trying to give help to ws6 kid,next time speak when your are spoken too

Originally posted by babi
    zzo i wasnt talking to you son!i was trying to give help to ws6 kid,next time speak when your are spoken too
    What's up with all the slams lately? This place is turning into a playground...

Yeah c'mon guys keep it clean.....Just tell me one more time that 30 grams is ok.......

All I have to say is you need more than 30 g of carbs to function properly, but it's up to you man.

DAMN IT!!! ALL this condridicting info!!! I'll try both

Most people on here like the keto diet. I personally don't. I have tried the keto diet and it makes me dizzy and always thinking about food. Plus I lost alot of muscle on it. Trust me I have tried almost everything, cardio in the AM, cardio post workout, starvation diets, keto diets, and this diet that I have been on for 3 months I'd have to say is the best. It may not be the best for you, but it has worked for me. If you wanna lose "weight" then a keto diet may work well. But if you wanna lose fat, then a low carb(to me thats 165g a day for my personal diet), has worked well using a 500 below maintenance calorie diet, you lose about a pound of fat a week. And my strength hasn't gone down a bit either.

Babi...relax. Didn't mean to offend. This board has been extremely helpful to me and I definately don't want to get into slamming with anyone here. I meant to joke with you a bit but I guess it didn't get across that way. My mistake...

-zzo

Farmer is offline Member
    Dude, just play around with the amont of carbs your getting. Get alot of protein though...I dropped 15% BF in like 3 months while taking in alot more than 30 grams of carbs..just play with the amounts and see what works...if you are working out hard and doing strenous cardio, you are going to need carbs.

peace

Farmer- Whats your story? When did you start, what did your diet look like? Cardio? Training? Etc..... Before after pics? What worked for you? How did you feel? Out of energy? Full of energy? Did you use an OTC fat burner or clen if any? What was your starting weight? Ending weight?

accepted zzo..and for those who think this is flaming its not! just browse around other boards to find out for yuorself lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information