NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned

I think I'm genetically maxed

So I have gained 40 lbs since competition shape, with those 40 lbs I have put 1/2" on my arms, probably a couple inches on my chest, and quads. But I had to gain 40 lbs to do it. Problem is I'm seeing guys weighing 40 lbs less with better measurements, so it discourages me from continuing to bulk. I kind of feel like its natures way of telling me thats it for size. I'm gaining strength as I'm back on cycle, but the measurements just aren't coming like they should. Everybody says as you get stronger you get bigger, but I seriously think there are exceptions to that rule when your close to genetically maxed. And I think I am, without running a bunch of peptides I think this is it. After 15 years of doing this, numerous cycles, and eating boatloads of food, I just dont find it worth it anymore to struggle this damn much and be this miserable for a 1/2" gain on my arms. Anybody else get to this point with their bodybuilding?

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    I am getting real close to genetically maxed and seem to be in your same boat. Apparently though, I was told by my buddy who powerlifts I could put on another 25lbs drugfree and around 100lbs with drugs. Problem is, my joints, tendons, and ligaments are failing before my muscles do....

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBuck6 View Post
    I am getting real close to genetically maxed and seem to be in your same boat. Apparently though, I was told by my buddy who powerlifts I could put on another 25lbs drugfree and around 100lbs with drugs. Problem is, my joints, tendons, and ligaments are failing before my muscles do....
    yes, I spoke to a powerlifter friend earlier and he said that I needed to switch my training. He made good sense, he said bodybuilders can sometimes be too worried about just getting it done and moving too fast. He said if I was to slow down and take my time I would stimulate more muscle. I was doing Dorian style HIT training the past 6 wks, I'm back to pyramiding up, then down, but limiting the # of exercises now. Hopefully I can stimulate some new growth. As much as I tell myself enough, I'm a bodybuilder and I always want more size

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Ive been having good luck lately with higher volume. Rep range 10-12 with a burn set of up to 25 reps. 12 work sets per body part. Im afraid at my age the HIT style training would play havoc on my joints. The high volume doesn't seem to. Ive also incorporated the FST-7 and have seen some results from that.

It's taken me 5 years to take my arms from 18 1/2" to 20".

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    when all else fails

thers only one solution

ahahahah jokes man

Thread Information