CanYouDigIt is offline Banned

Need to get some parts bigger

I'm having problems having my chest to grow bigger, it's my hardest part, I've been doing bench/incline/cable cross/dumbell pulldown I think they're called?

also my shoulders are needing some help, because my arms are almost as big as them, doing front raise/side/back flys/ shoulder press/

and my biceps are having issues with a raise, they're like big all accross but no raise what so ever, I'm currently on machine for 2 of the exercises, then I do chinups, and then do dumbells curls, and hammer - cable don't know exactly name.

and also the bottom of my quads need to grow bigger, they're like 19" and the rest of the leg is like 25"

my sets are normaly from 2-8 reps, if I get to 8 rep I increase the weight and go with the next weight if I can do atleast 2 reps, most of my exercises are 3 sets.

don't know if I should increase my reps to 12-16.

any help really appreciated thanks

pakroids is offline Junior Member
    Darn, where dont u want to grow is da question. bro few hints
    - Chest - mix up workouts , and do periods, like 3 month heavy 3-4 weak high volume.
    - shoulders - for me less is best , 15-20 pullups , warmup hit style , front, middle raises, upright barbell row , and backworkout takes care rear delts .
    - biceps - dont worry bout power , if ur growing ur doin good .
    - Quads - The belly of muscle is always bulkier so just keep striving.
    - Repititions - Take a few months to see what reps work for u , it will make future easy.
    - Above all - This sport takes ttttiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee.....

DangerDave is offline Associate Member
    Post your exact workout. All the exercises, the sets and rep amount. Do this in the format:

Day 1
    (muscle group/groups)
    exercise 1: 3 sets/8 reps (or however many)
    etc

Do this and it will be easier for us to help you out.

Is your diet in check? maybe thats why you not growing

javerton is offline Associate Member
    The hard thing is with lagging body parts is you're trying to use just enough volume to promote the most muscle group, you can't really sub in more volume to chest from another bodypart, doesn't work that way. For the people recommending shocking with rest pause, paused reps, drop sets etc. If you're not doing them now for your normal training, they won't help you gain any more muscle in your chest (if you follow that).

Also, how advanced are you? I wouldn't bother fixing any lagging parts until you're very close to where you want to be. Also, I doubt most people notice these things.

Win369 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pakroids View Post
    Darn, where dont u want to grow is da question. bro few hints
    - Chest - mix up workouts , and do periods, like 3 month heavy 3-4 weak high volume.
    - shoulders - for me less is best , 15-20 pullups , warmup hit style , front, middle raises, upright barbell row , and backworkout takes care rear delts .
    - biceps - dont worry bout power , if ur growing ur doin good .
    - Quads - The belly of muscle is always bulkier so just keep striving.
    - Repititions - Take a few months to see what reps work for u , it will make future easy.
    - Above all - This sport takes ttttiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee.....
    agreed !

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    Try keeping reps around 6-12. One wk do 6, next wk try 12...... Mix it up.

Thread Information