WRX333 is offline New Member

Reasonable time frame to drop 3% bf?

Evening all, as above im wondering whats a reasonable time frame to drop
    3% bodyfat? Im currently 12.5% bf on keto & do 30mins min each day of hiit.
    I also train (heavy) 4 times a week & id like to think my diet is upto scratch. I plan to do another 4-5 weeks on keto with sat carb ups & then strat into cycle.

Is it reasonable to think i could be sub 10% by start of cycle?

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    I think it is absolutely possible to drop 3% in 4 weeks on keto. That said, I would recommend longer cardio at lower intensity. I have read for people on keto, that anything over 130 bpm heart rate will start to burn muscle.

Good luck

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by run_n_fool View Post
    I think it is absolutely possible to drop 3% in 4 weeks on keto. That said, I would recommend longer cardio at lower intensity. I have read for people on keto, that anything over 130 bpm heart rate will start to burn muscle.
    Good luck
    Do you have the source?

WRX333 is offline New Member
    Thats an interesting theory. and a scary one considering my current layout!

crazypat123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by run_n_fool View Post

Good luck
    this is false if on a carb up cyclic keto diet

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    The Idea behind it is activating a pathway to producing glucose through gluconeogenesis (sp?) it occurs in the abscense of glucose, the body breaks down protein to produce glucose... this only happens when there is a huge demand for it so in theory if you keep the lipolysis screaming (the break down of fat acids into energy) and keep the demand for glucose low through low intensity cardio, then your primary fuel source is fat, but go too high and you torch muscle.... again not an issue if your taking in carbs...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    How about the question no one is asking. What is your current bodyweight? If you are 300lbs @ 12.5% you are going to need to drop 9lbs to drop 3% if you are 125lbs @12.5% you are only going to need to drop a bit over 3lbs to drop 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    The Idea behind it is activating a pathway to producing glucose through gluconeogenesis (sp?) it occurs in the abscense of glucose, the body breaks down protein to produce glucose... this only happens when there is a huge demand for it so in theory if you keep the lipolysis screaming (the break down of fat acids into energy) and keep the demand for glucose low through low intensity cardio, then your primary fuel source is fat, but go too high and you torch muscle.... again not an issue if your taking in carbs...
    Using protein to produce energy doesnt necessarily equate to breaking down muscle tissue. Dietary protein will be used first.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Using protein to produce energy doesnt necessarily equate to breaking down muscle tissue. Dietary protein will be used first.
    Absolutely true... the body will begin to use most readily available source of amino acids to produce glucose... however if he is rocking out HIIT style cardio in ketosis I cannot believe any amount of protein will keep him from torching off muscle with that fat...... just my 2 cents.... (baring the use of large quantities of AAS and other drugs of course)

I agree, HIIT and Ketosis is not a good combination.

elfin1mf is offline Associate Member
    I love this thread so far. It reminds me of 2 things. Now that I have so much more muscle, my bodyfat % is not as high than I thought, which explains why I look pretty cut even with this fat. Also, cyclic keto diet is way to go, works for me very quickly, especially if I do the bulk of my exercise during carb time.

javerton is offline Associate Member
    To be safe I would say safely around 6 weeks, could be more maybe less. Take it easy though man, you didn't put on that weight overnight, you're not going to lose it overnight. But yes, you didn't list enough info.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I agree, HIIT and Ketosis is not a good combination.
    Does this change if the diet is CKD? What about HIIT cardion after weights for the first couple of days after a carb re-load?

HeavyL is offline Junior Member
    HIIT cardio is a no go on keto. ive been doing this for a while i just dont feel like im pushing myself enouugh if my heart rate isnt over 145. but im 23 so maybe this isnt to intense

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Doing HIIT training while on keto is not something i personally would want to do! Cardio without carbs is no fun what so ever! I do low intensity while on keto.

edgarr is offline Member
    would LIT cardio be advised both on an empty stomach as well as after weight training when on Keto? or one or the other only?

Thread Information