bigjoe30 is offline Associate Member

Treadmill vs bike??

I was told you can get alot better results with your abs using a bike for cardio ?? It made sence cause the guy said being in the seated position your stomach is crunched and it gets worked while you peddle.

crazypat123 is offline Associate Member
    i have heard this also, couldnt really tell you if its true or not though

POPS is offline Senior Member
    I would guess that if you do your cardio on whatever piece of equipment you choose and keep your hr in the zone where it should be, any exersize would do.....besides, you will not be able to see your abs until you burn the fat off first....which Im sure you already knew that, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    I would guess that if you do your cardio on whatever piece of equipment you choose and keep your hr in the zone where it should be, any exersize would do.....besides, you will not be able to see your abs until you burn the fat off first....which Im sure you already knew that, lol....
    LOL yes i know, a friend of mine said the bike is the best cause it helps tone ur abs at the same time.

ironflames is offline Junior Member
    i run A LOT and bike often. i use running as my main cardio, biking as my secondary but i use the bike more often than none for muscle building in the legs. i think its great after a crrrazy ass leg workout, its like doing pushups to failure after doing a chest tri day, just blasts the muscles for maximum growth, well...thats what i keep telling myself at least lol

got fina? is offline Member
    Any type of cardio that keeps your heart rate at the fat burning beats will burn fat equally. Depending on what type of cardio your doing though, that muscle group will be worked out (biking=legs).

From what ive expereinced year to year. You start seeing all your abs when u hit around 10-12% bf. I go through this every year since i really let myself go in the winter and hit about 20%, then trim myself down to about 7-8 in the summer. Takes me around 3-4 months since ive been doing it for so long.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    alternate different types of cadio, don't get stuck doing the same thing everytime you do cardio...you're body will become more efficent over time
    variety in training is important

and no, actually running is more load on your abs
    but likely the problem is more the layer of fat, in that case anything will do...bike is a great form of cardio and much nicer to your joints, but if you can watch tv while doing it or read a mag...you aren't doing it.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    all cardio is not created equal. Running is way harder on the abs because you have to stabilize all of the upper body mass. the harder the exercise, the better it is. you can sit in a chair and breath quickly to get your hr up, but that is not the same as stairmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by twist View Post
    all cardio is not created equal. Running is way harder on the abs because you have to stabilize all of the upper body mass. The harder the exercise, the better it is. You can sit in a chair and breath quickly to get your hr up, but that is not the same as stairmaster.
    i never do the stairmaster, but now that you mentioned it thats what i will do tomorrow.

Thread Information