Thread: dumbells only?

go4gold is offline Member

dumbells only?

I have some serious wrist discomfort when I use BarBells or EZ bar. I was just wondering if dumbell and pull-up (back of hands facing you) should be suffecient enough. I was thinking of adding reverse curls with the barbell, this doesn't hurt my wrist. Also when people are say that they have 16, 17, etc inch arms, do you guys measure flexed or relaxed? Flexing can add some considerable size, so not sure if this is considered a true way of measuring. Just looking to add some size to my to the biceps. They will be a main focus during my next bulk cycle.

elfin1mf is offline Associate Member
    does it hurt in your palms or in your forearms?

it hurts right at the wrist, maybe some pain in the forarm. but no pain in the palms.

javerton is offline Associate Member
    Measure flexed...

You also just implied you would be using dumbells for EVERYTHING, you need to be much more specific. But I'm guessing you just mean for curling, yes that would be fine. No use doing something that aggravates/worsens a joint/injury.

elfin1mf is offline Associate Member
    ye sounds like it could be joint. That sucks man, try to keep your wrist straight out dont bend it back if you can help it when you do exercises.

SAFETY FIRST - make sure you are doing all exercises properly and NEVER lift if you think you will injure yourself or you are in for a sad life without lifting.

Thanks guys, good advice. I will try and keep the wrist straight. Never really tried to make my biceps grow, but figure it is time.

Thread Information