aedanman is offline Junior Member

Pyramid question

When I do my sets I go lightest set first then heavier and then heaviest set last. i.e. whilst lifting more weight each set - approx 10-12, up to 8, up to 6 reps.

Should I be lifting from heaviest to lightest in the opposite direction of reps or keep doing from lightest to heaviest? i.e. whilst dropping the weight each set - up to 6, up to 8 , approx 10-12 reps.

ranging2 is offline Banned
    IMO heaviest to lightest works best

muscle growth happen when you lift more weight, so the best time to lift more weight is at the start of your workout and sets when you have the most energy and your CNS system is at it peak

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    yehhhhh, but id do one or two light warmup sets so you dont injure yourself.

ranging2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    yehhhhh, but id do one or two light warmup sets so you dont injure yourself.
    yea agree, last thing you need to do is pull ur shoulder out when your benching 140kg without a spotter

ouchies

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by ranging2 View Post
    yea agree, last thing you need to do is pull ur shoulder out when your benching 140kg without a spotter

ouchies
    dont listen to this bloke OP. Hes been known to give wreckless advice. best you stick with mine, VET in progress lol

aedanman is offline Junior Member
    So my best bet would be 1 warm up set before the 3x whilst dropping the weight each set (heaviest to lightest) - up to 6, up to 8 , approx 10-12(exhaustion) reps?
    Last edited by aedanman; 02-10-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Thread Information