Thread: Muscle recovery

jjfman is offline Associate Member

Muscle recovery

Yoo just wondering if any of you guys had any tips of speeding up muscle recovery??

The other day I trained my back at the gym and did deadlift then a 2days later ther was still the ache ther and I had rugby training on the night and had a pretty hardcore circuit in the gym on the rower etc and then got tackled from behind and a shoulder went straight into my lower back it hurt alot more because of the soreness there.
    I use ice packs and my diet is in check, more then enough protein to aid recovery.

So any tips would be appreciated thanks.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    rest rest and more rest! lol......when ive had a big workout i sometimes use traxam and or ibuprofen, works well for me.....

Lol I do rest but I'll try the ibuprofen and trama if needed

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    both is best.....rub the traxam on the sore muscle and take the ibuprofen before bed..

Cool cheers bro

Cool cheers bro

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Lots of protein and carbs. My back never gets sore for whatever reason despite good gains lately, however my chest used to be sore for like 4-6 days before my diet was in check. A properly designed diet w/ 1.5-2g of protein per lb. of LBM fixed that real quick.

Thanks but Like I said mate I eat more then enough protein to aid muscle repair my diet is in good shape. It's jus usually my back and legs that ache longer then other muscles due to them being worked in the gym and out on the rugby pitch from tackling and driving forward in collisions etc

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    I agree with the other Damien. MY chest now after checking in my Diet and my body getting used to it is after reducing my pain for recovery.

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    Your back and legs hurt because they are the largest muscles being used. One of the biggest mistakes is going to the gym and working out till failure everytime. Learn about Periodization. You should not be sore all the time. When you have a heavy day in a periodization type workout model. Rest is your best bet and ibuprofen does help for sure. Ibuprofen (Advil brand name), or even Aspirin will help due both being anti-inflammatory. Acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol) should not be used. It is not an anti-inflammatory)

Also hot bubble baths seem to help me too.

JScondition is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kojak_x View Post
    Acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol) should not be used. It is not an anti-inflammatory)
    Nicely done! I don't know how many friends have told me to take Tylenol for my soreness or joints when it isn't an anti-inflammatory! I personally use Aleve and it helps a lot.

Ice always works great too

Valac is offline Member
    Diazepam - best rest ever!

I dont go and work till failure and I have a good split for my workouts. I aren't sore all the time i was jus asking if any knew of a way to help muscle recovery
    other than the obvious rest and food lol

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    steroids .... well you asked. But why don't you try to train less in the gym in those aspects of your body? if you are sore on the field, then you def. don't need to be training in the gym as much cuz that is counterproductive

Thread Information