Thread: Arms!!!

Ferdinand is offline Associate Member

Arms!!!

I know there's alot of "i need arms" threads and i've taken notice of whats been said there but i would like some help on spesific exercises for biceps.

If you could mention some good exercises wich focus on the long head and and some wich focus on short head of biceps it would be appreciated.

Am having trouble making them grow and i need to try out something new, strong as a bull but my arms look like nothing compared to the rest of my upper body, really frustrating!

rmalouf is offline Associate Member
    well, first make sure that ur training a big muscle group prior to training arms, as this will open alot of the hormone receptors in the smaller muscle groups...i dont think specific exercises will make a diff. its a matter of how u train...ur bi's are a small muscle group, so just hit quick but hit them hard...u can always tried some intensity techniques like 21's, dropsets, and supersets...
    n as for mass, barbell curls work beautiful for me....good luck.

ranging2 is offline Banned
    if your having trouble trying to get ur arms to grow you shouldnt worry about hitting the short heads, long heads etc

what your looking for is OVERALL development

its the only real way to get your arms size up

first you have to make sure you get some good lifts one these following exercises

bench press
    dumbell rows
    chinups
    closegrip bench press
    and your deadlift (for overall size)

IMO these are the main exercises thatll really bring your arms up, so try to get these lifts up, you cant expect to have BIG arms if you can only bench 250 pounds, and you cant expect to have big arms if you only dumbell row 120 pounds each arm

Bring these lifts up and your arms will grow, your arms are BIG accesory muscles in this exercise and are hit indirectly, so theyll grow the higher these lifts grow

second is of course you do need some direct arm training to help bring size out

ive always had really weak arm genetics, great strength but size has never come easy for me

GREAT exercise for the bicep i have really only found 2 that work really well

ALternating dumbell curls across the chest

and chinups with added weight to urself

both allow for alot of weight o be curled, and prevent alot fo stress place on your wrists during a bicep movement

as for triceps IMO

close grip bench press

and

one arm overhead dumbell extensions

are the best exercises, only becuase close grip will help bring out alot of strength and size

while overheads are an exercise thats VERY difficult to cheat on, which is important coz if your training hard theirs always a tendency to cheat in those last few reps

this have personaly worked very well for me, again genetics will play a role in how effective an exercise is for you, but considering your arm genetics are very similar to mine i suggest you give them a try

best of luck

Thread Information