ImACrazyJewDaddy is offline Associate Member

Question Cardio upon wakeup/Lift heavy before bed.??

Do any of you actually go to the gym twice a day? I work nights, ususally lift before I go to work..barely any cardio cuz my heart rate is racing allday while on the job..BUT i want to be able to see the muscle fibers in my abs by the time May rolls around. And what Im doin now is just keepin me "In Shape". I was thinking of doin cardio for 1 hr 4 days a week when I wake up, and then when I get offf work (anytime between 12-3am) go do my weight training. Some of you may say that doin heavy training before bed is a no no cuz of just being tired I guess, but I have insomnia and it has actually helped me sleep. One of the main issues here is that since i would be training right before bed...is it an absolute necesity to do EMPTY stomach cardio in the am, or having a preworkout supp with a whey shake be ok?

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    hey bro...I work nights too. I do my cardio following lifting and Im seeing results. Im sure you will also.

The am cardio is alittle extreme for some with a shift like ours. Do what is good for you, beats being a fat man yelling at a football game!

Stay active bro eat good and lift big! You will get your results. But for real, cardio after lifting is cool to me.

Its tough working the graveyard shift

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I found a treadmill on Craigslist for 60$. There are tons of good deals out there you just have to look. Going to the gym twice a day just isnt an option for most people, gotta find a way around it

Little Herc is offline Associate Member
    I just bought an elliptical that Is as good quality as the ones I use after my workout at the gym from craigslist. They wanted some ridicules amount for it and I offered them 125$. I got an email telling me to come pick it up. Its nice.

I had a wal-mart one last year. I used it until i broke the frame in half. My friend welded it back together then i broke the Petal bolt so I trashed it. I did lose 20lbs on it over a few months.

ImACrazyJewDaddy is offline Associate Member
    I can go twice a day, right by my apartment. But no need for me to by a treadmill...that really has nothing to do with the question. thanks anyways

BPack10 is offline New Member
    Personally I do cardio in the AM on an empty stomach when cutting down. After work I go back and hit the weights four times a week. I find my energy has returned by this point in the day and I am ready to go. I used to do cardio after my workouts but I didn't see the same results and the motivation just wasn't there after working out hard...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by ImACrazyJewDaddy View Post
    I can go twice a day, right by my apartment. But no need for me to by a treadmill...that really has nothing to do with the question. thanks anyways
    Maybe you should rephrase your question because it sounded to me like you were wanting to use one session for cardio as well.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImACrazyJewDaddy View Post
    Do any of you actually go to the gym twice a day? I work nights, ususally lift before I go to work..barely any cardio cuz my heart rate is racing allday while on the job..BUT i want to be able to see the muscle fibers in my abs by the time May rolls around. And what Im doin now is just keepin me "In Shape". I was thinking of doin cardio for 1 hr 4 days a week when I wake up, and then when I get offf work (anytime between 12-3am) go do my weight training. Some of you may say that doin heavy training before bed is a no no cuz of just being tired I guess, but I have insomnia and it has actually helped me sleep. One of the main issues here is that since i would be training right before bed...is it an absolute necesity to do EMPTY stomach cardio in the am, or having a preworkout supp with a whey shake be ok?
    Having your whey shake before your cardio, I don't usually do I try and make my stomach 100% empty as u have nothing in your system to burn, the only thing to burn is body fat.

Thread Information