Thread: weak right side

arod8387 is offline New Member

weak right side

Ok,back in high school i played baseball in which i use to pitch.i aquired a rotators cuff injury during that time.i never seen a dr about this but the last 4 years that ive been working out i have notice that my right side is weaker and smaller than my left.my pec , tri , bi and it even seems my right leg is smaller,now i know my rotators cuff has nothing to do with my legs but what would be a good way to fix this? ive used dumdbells alot to try to even it out.i would like to compete one day and i know this needs to be fixed.any help would be greatly appreciated.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    I have the same issue with my left side.

Left arm is noticably less developed than the right arm.

I have just started to work out that side at about a 3-1 ratio vs the weak side and more often to see if that helps.

Really annoying, but when you use one arm your whole life to do...everything... it is obviously going to be stronger. Waht kills me too is now I work with my hands and all the lifting and heavy work is dominated by my right side.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arod8387 View Post
    Ok,back in high school i played baseball in which i use to pitch.i aquired a rotators cuff injury during that time.i never seen a dr about this but the last 4 years that ive been working out i have notice that my right side is weaker and smaller than my left.my pec , tri , bi and it even seems my right leg is smaller,now i know my rotators cuff has nothing to do with my legs but what would be a good way to fix this? ive used dumdbells alot to try to even it out.i would like to compete one day and i know this needs to be fixed.any help would be greatly appreciated.
    LOL... the great symmetry issue... a serious problem when bodybuilding my friend... one side of your body tends to differ in size and the only way to bring it up is greater stimulation on the side thats smaller... throw in an extra set or two at the end of your last exercises for the side/muscle groups that are weaker... and just keep making adjustments every 2 weeks based on how you look in the mirror is all.... if your not making progress try more stimulation... If you havent improved after a month or two come back here and post some pics

As far as the rotator cuff issue is concerned I would suggest direct stimulation of the muscles that make up the rotator cuff. I work mine twice a week 2 sets high reps at the beginning of chest and shoulder day... gives a nice warmup and direct stimulation... check it out..

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdo...uries/265.html

I really just do exercise number one and do it standing... I feel thats all the warmup I need to prevent injury.. on a side note increasing the strength of those muscles will increas your bench press and shoulder press slightly..

arod8387 is offline New Member
    thanx fellas,what exercises do you recommend doing for chest?the funny thing is, it is every single muscle on the right side.my biceps triceps and even my legs.Now if you were to look at me you probably couldnt tell , its not terrible.But it is noticable to me and im a little weaker on that right side.My chest would probably be the worst so since i will be doing one arm movements what would be the best way to do that.im not completely sure how this occurred other than maybe it could have been that shoulder injury i attained while in high school.Thanx for all the help and any more advice would be appreciated.

Thread Information