Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

new split advice

Hi,

Im looking to primarily get more definition and strength with maybe a little extra weight.

Im 6ft, and weight 172lb which is exactly what I should be.

Ive been training for a while now on and off but am prone to injusry due to back problems from years ago.

My split is this:

DAy 1 - Chest / Shoulders
    Day 2 - rest
    Day 3 - Back / Biceps
    Day 4 - rest
    Day 5 - Legs / Triceps / forearm

I was thinking of maybe splitting legs into 2 days to isolate quads when i do y back. Theres a lot of conflicting advice with push/pull movements so thought id post up for advice

Thanks

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    It seems to be good, the only change I would make is Mon chest/tri and friday Shoulders/legs

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    i had shoulders with chest because when working hte chest it hits thew shoulders on incline bench press anyway.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Your chest and shoulders are 2 big muscles, your gonna wanna split them up in this kind of split. When working Chest you also directly hit the tri's and shoulders, but since the shoulder is much bigger and needs more work most people like to give them its own day.

2crazy is offline New Member
    I myself like to do legs by themselves and I split quads and hamstrings before and like that. I would like to suggest picking one main goal at a time it's hard to get definition size and strength even on if not impossible.

Just2Big is offline Associate Member
    I dont like doing a push and pull exercise together. Cause the next day you hit them with whatever else you doing. I like back with bies and chest with tries. Shoulders by themself or with legs. I dont work legs to hard so it goes good on my shoulder day.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just2Big View Post
    I dont like doing a push and pull exercise together. Cause the next day you hit them with whatever else you doing. I like back with bies and chest with tries. Shoulders by themself or with legs. I dont work legs to hard so it goes good on my shoulder day.
    I agree with just2big this is the way I workout the only differance is leg and shoulders have there own day I work both hard

Thread Information