Thread: Dropping BF...

brob82 is offline New Member

Dropping BF...

So currently I'm doing an hour of cardio everyday. I'm working my way towards losing 10-12% BF. I'm doing my cardio at 5 am then I go into work until somewhere between 4 and 6 pm...

When doing an hour of cardio early then working all day while also restricting cals I'm struggling with energy late in the day to get good lifting in.

So, since my goal is to lose BF right now how should I approach my weight training? Should I put lifting on the back burner for a little while and focus on cardio/diet OR should I cut cardio down a few of the days to give me more energy to lift?

Thanks...

bertyboy is offline New Member
    you ever tried using Keto? that helped me a ton

Nope, never used keto...how did it help you? What was your experience?

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brob82 View Post
    So currently I'm doing an hour of cardio everyday. I'm working my way towards losing 10-12% BF. I'm doing my cardio at 5 am then I go into work until somewhere between 4 and 6 pm...

When doing an hour of cardio early then working all day while also restricting cals I'm struggling with energy late in the day to get good lifting in.

So, since my goal is to lose BF right now how should I approach my weight training? Should I put lifting on the back burner for a little while and focus on cardio/diet OR should I cut cardio down a few of the days to give me more energy to lift?

Thanks...
    First off an hour EVERY day is a lot of cardio.

While the goal may be fat loss the muscle will be going right with it, especially if you are restricting calories. Don't know if you are concerned about that but I would be.

And if you really want to lose muscle put the weights on the back burner, not a good idea. Try cutting the cardio a little bit or take a caffeine pill before you work out. 100 mg is all you need and you will have the energy.

Also remember that nothing happens overnight, and if you want to do it properly you can't try to rush it. The fat did not get there overnight and it will not come off overnight.

I hear ya bigslick...

The only problem with the caffeine is if I take it that late in the day I'll never sleep. I'm pretty sensitive to it.

I think I'm going to lessen my cardio on lift days to try and conserve energy...plus, like you said I definitely want to keep as much LBM as possible since ive worked hard to put on over the winter and I didn't put the fat on overnight.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I would leave the hour of cardio in and just up your calories. Lowering your bodyfat requires you to use stored fat as an energy source. Using stored bodyfat as an energy source makes you tired! You just gotta suck it up man.

You're right fireguy...time to take my tampon out!

binsser is offline Senior Member
    ive started cardio for 45 mins eod and seems to be working really well make u feel alot tighter and more pumped see what happens after 3 months m8!

id do 25min on teadmill 2.5 miles
    175 pushups
    150 situps

try it bud seems to be working really well for me hope this helpsbud!

trying to build lean and drop bodyfat!

oh and no juice! lol

bmit is offline Member
    I'm a big fan of cardio first thing in the morning - actually 45 mins after my whey isolate shake. Works really well for me with carb cycling.

I've been doing 30 min elliptical, 15 stationary bike, and 15 treadmill. I keep my heart rate between 130-145. I've been dropping BF very well with this method. I'm just a very impatient person, lol.

I'll tell you one thing though...in another post I read fireguy said that it doesn't matter what 'cardio' you do. The treadmill is no better than the elliptical, which is no better than the bike...IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE EFFORT YOU PUT IN!

Couldn't have said it any better...

Thread Information