OIDEEBOSS is offline Junior Member

Exclamation HELP!!! SSRI's (antidepressants) and MOTIVATION?!

Hey guys, havent been on here for a while but ive always been given invaluable advice so first off props to all you guys youre all legends.

okay, over the past few months ive had a lot of turbulance due to relationship problems, huge family dramas, jail time court etc etc, a lot of stress. Ive been seeing a phsyc to stop my alleged 'anger issues' and have been pescribed 60mg a day of aropax (sort of like zoloft, basically an antidepressant or SSRI) and also 1600mg a day of epilim (usually treats epilepsy but also as a mood stabiliser for bipolar etc). ive put on a few unwanted kgs of fat due to increased apetite and just havent been training basically, because ive been a lazy c*nt making up excuses all the time.

i just want to know if you guys have had any issues with motivation while on anti depressants, if its chemical or just in my head. If theres any tips you guys use yourselves to drag yourself out the house and to the gym i'd be very thankfull aswell.

thanks so much in advance guys!!!

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    i take remeron and abilify for my depression and usually have muscle weakness all day long. i usually fight through it and once i get a few sets in me im ready to rock and roll. I also take a preworkout booster, seems to help.

mikeyc is offline New Member
    Yeah, paroxetine did that to me. Lots of visceral fat. I would not go on them again unless the problem was really serious; after 2+ weeks of taking them I could not have an orgasm!!

jypoll is offline Member
    I'm on cipralex and seroquel for more or less the same reason as you the z
    seroquel makes me sleepy but as for ssri's they make everything easier including significant increase in motivation

jypoll is offline Member
    Haha As for not getting an orgasm I know what u mean, after an hour of having sex I get bored and just want to finish but it takes so long

jay dee is offline New Member
    if taking SSRI's, and feeling more drowsy than usual, try taking them in the evening.
    1600 mg of epilim quite a high dose, i asume its to stailise mood? again if possible try taking these in the evening, or later in the day, it may help with the loss of energy/motivation and move the tiredness to later in the day when you have done your exercise?
    i'm not a dr, but work in a psychiatric establishment, with people who take these meds and i see this loss of energy and weight gain frequently.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Im on 225mg of venlafaxine, Im always tired and struggle with motivation

Thread Information