Marty_4 is offline Associate Member

Question Push ups/Pull ups

6 foot to the dot
    195lb (including water I think)
    12.5% using an electronic machine and solo user callipers
    This is my 4th/5th cycle all testE only till this one which is prop with the last 6 weeks with winny
    I've only ever used tamox and clomid, although upped the dose of tamox as I've stopped using clomid!
    I've been training for about 8 years prop.

How effective are push ups and pull ups. I've read report after report about these been teh ultimate exsercise. what could one expect as results form body weight excersises only whilst on gear?

Marty

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would say the results would be minimal compared to using weights although if you did a very good job and used isometrics you could get some OK results but why?

If all I was able to do was push ups, pull ups etc I would do them but forget the gear.

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Pull ups are great great great. Pushups are good for endurance, I only really do them to keep up my PT score in the Army.

Marty_4 is offline Associate Member
    lovbyts:-
    What do you mean by 'used isometrics'?

It's only a queery though. just wondwering how good they actually are that's all. I am going to start using them as my first excersise when doing my back

ProEvoDanny is offline Junior Member
    i have great results from both

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    pushups would be beneficial for a starter to superset with as a balance exercise. if a very new beginner then pushups are great. once you get some form then you should switch to the bench.

ex: 1 set 8 reps decline or flat bench press dumbells
    superset with
    pushups with feet or hands on a stability tool such as a ball etc.

after training for 8 years though you probably should have moved on by now lol. but pull ups are mandatory!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty_4 View Post
    lovbyts:-
    What do you mean by 'used isometrics'?

It's only a queery though. just wondwering how good they actually are that's all. I am going to start using them as my first excersise when doing my back
    Im assuming you do not or will not have access to real weights by doing isometrics (using your own body weight to push/pull not just pushups and pullups is a great source of exercise for toning up but not for any real mass building unless you can find ways to add more than natural weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1haS8hR1lE

They are good but I dont agree you can get the same results as using weights and if that was true there would be a lot of body builders doing them instead of lifting weights.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I do not think you mean "isometrics" as a pull up and a push up are not an example of an isometric exercise unless the person doing the exercise is not able to do a push or pull up.
    I think you mean calisthenics.

Thread Information