cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Deadlift; is this bad form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrzKa...eature=related

Is it bad form how he taps it on the ground then shoots back up? Someone I respect told me not to do that. To pause and then pick up the weight. The way this guy is doing them allows you to do heavier weight / more reps in my opinion. To be honest I have been bouncing mine off the floor like this guy in this video does and im wondering if thats just laziness and wrong on my part.

n00bs is offline Member
    Shit form high rep conventional deadlifting is retarded for many reasons...

UDL's are far better for higher reps...

No shirt + belt for 150kg deadlift with bad form - fail video...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The form did not look good to me. Looked to forced, not smooth and it hurts my back just watching... Looks like an accident waiting to happen.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dead the same way.

I have never had a back issue from it, doing over 500 for reps...

But I don't hit my knees like he was.
    Last edited by terraj; 07-06-2010 at 01:53 AM.

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    you can bounce the weight, stop at the bottom on each rep then practice ripping off the ground, or deadlift with a consistent speed through the motion while only lightly touching the ground.

the varying techinques will give you different effects. i noticed that the chinese lifters add bouncing deadlifts to their training in order to simply lift with more weight on the bar (for a different muscle stimulation).

whatever technique you put into your training, you should also remember to always use proper form.

this kid's form was suffering with the weight he was using. he shouldn't be dragging the weight on his thighs like that and hitting his knees. so it sucked

n00bs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlifting View Post
    you can bounce the weight, stop at the bottom on each rep then practice ripping off the ground, or deadlift with a consistent speed through the motion while only lightly touching the ground.

the varying techinques will give you different effects. i noticed that the chinese lifters add bouncing deadlifts to their training in order to simply lift with more weight on the bar (for a different muscle stimulation).

whatever technique you put into your training, you should also remember to always use proper form.

this kid's form was suffering with the weight he was using. he shouldn't be dragging the weight on his thighs like that and hitting his knees. so it sucked
    Yep oly lifting is all about explosive power!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    It's not the worst i've ever seen, but it wasn't great and hopefully no kids/n00bs on YT try and learn from this video.

I think it's ok to touch the ground, but I don't like the bouncing thing. This kid wasn't really bouncing much IMO, so in that respect it was ok.

Actually impressive weight given his size...

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    It's not the worst i've ever seen, but it wasn't great and hopefully no kids/n00bs on YT try and learn from this video.

I think it's ok to touch the ground, but I don't like the bouncing thing. This kid wasn't really bouncing much IMO, so in that respect it was ok.

Actually impressive weight given his size...
    i agree. good weight but you can tell his back strength is not there with the way he tries to sit in it on the way down. and it isn't much of a bounce. i wish i would've filmed the chinese when i was there. those little dudes would hit so hard and be pulling around 280kg or more!!

Thread Information