Morning: Cardio ~ 45mins

Afternoon: None

Thursday

Morning: None

Afternoon: Legs, Core

Friday

Morning: Cardio ~ 45mins

Afternoon: Cardio ~ 1 hour

What do you guys think. I am not really trying to bulk. I am aiming at losing weight.

Afternoon:

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    your split is primarily cardio. im not too sharp on cardio so hopfully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

doing cardio 7 times within 4 days a week might be overkill on the cardio. you may be overtraining. i've heard that cardio in the morning on non lifting days are most beneficial for cutting down bf. don't be afraid of lifting more often. remember that the more lean muscle you are able to develop, the more calories your body requires to sustain itself. developing lean muscle is going to help you with lowering body fat.

lifting 4 days a week would be a good start. compound movements should be the foundation of your lifting with some auxillary movements. compound movements like the squat and deadlift are also the best exercises for developing a strong core. so doing isolated core work is unnecessary (you may add a little bit only if you're having issues with stability in the big movements).

joeb82 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlifting View Post
    your split is primarily cardio. im not too sharp on cardio so hopfully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

doing cardio 7 times within 4 days a week might be overkill on the cardio. you may be overtraining. i've heard that cardio in the morning on non lifting days are most beneficial for cutting down bf. don't be afraid of lifting more often. remember that the more lean muscle you are able to develop, the more calories your body requires to sustain itself. developing lean muscle is going to help you with lowering body fat.

lifting 4 days a week would be a good start. compound movements should be the foundation of your lifting with some auxillary movements. compound movements like the squat and deadlift are also the best exercises for developing a strong core. so doing isolated core work is unnecessary (you may add a little bit only if you're having issues with stability in the big movements).
    So, do you think if I cut the cardio that I do at night, would that be better? I prefer to keep the morning because I do the cardio on an empty stomach. I usually do cardio at night just to get my heart rate up but I am sure I can do that with super setting. What do you think?

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    yeah keep your morning cardio for sure. you can do ss. as well. you don't need to ss. however, as long as you keep your rest between sets consistent and brief (90 sec or so). that will keep your heart rate up.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Cardio at night is fine too. Just do it after your weight training

Thread Information